Distributed Organization Blueprint
Creating Remote Teams and Departments is a no-brainer in the 21st Century. The technology tools are available and the environment demands it.
In order for a company to pursue a remote working strategy, they need these elements:
- Workers can choose work hours and need to be contactable during certain hours.
- Employees come to office or have a work retreat when a project needs in-person attention.
- Distraction-free home working environment.
- Provide the technology to support home working environments (wi-fi, cell phone, hardware, software)
- Technological Infrastructure
- Online conversation space
- Virtual conferencing
- Group chat
- Project Collaboration
- File Sharing
- Results oriented
- Transparent, open communication
- Drive: autonomy, mastery, purpose
- Visible, conscious leadership
- Organizational Structure
- Clear roles and results
- Accountability structure
- Systems and processes clearly mapped out