Covenant Bay Bible Camp
Cabin/Tent Leader - Job Description
Dec 16, 2014
Responsible to: Head Cabin Leaders
The Cabin Leader will meet weekly with the Head Cabin Leaders for mentoring, accountability and encouragement. The Head Cabin Leaders will check in daily with the Cabin Leader for troubleshooting, assistance and accountability.
The Cabin Leader will supervise and mentor campers assigned to his/her cabin or tent. The primary objective is to mentor and support campers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Preparation
- Personal time
- Cabin Time
- Camper leader conversations
- Plan your introduction to parents and bio.
- Ensure that your cabin or tent is ready for campers prior to their arrival. Do something special.
- Connect with each camper at least once regarding their spiritual life. Learn as much as possible.
- Ensure cabin cleaning is completed well.
- Lead Cabin time and engage campers in conversation.
- Write follow up cards.
- Ensure surveys are completed.
- Knowledge of camping ministry.
- Experience in working with kids and youth.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- First Aid and CPR Training
- The Cabin Leader will be on site for all assigned programming.
- Room and board will be provided.
- Alternative duties will be assigned for Family Camps.
The Cabin Leader will receive 4 days of staff training which will include, facility orientation, policy and procedure training, camper check in and registration, Plan to Protect training from winningkidsinc.ca, team building activities, review compensation and highlight workplace health and safety practices as outlined in brochure and as it specifically relates to the role of Cabin Leader.