2018-19 Student Registration/Enrollment
Returning Student Registration is now available for the 2018-19 school year in Skyward Family Access. You can access instructions for registration on the website at www.cityview-isd.net under the "For Parents" tab. If you have a student that is new to City View, New Student Online Enrollment will take place on August 7th, 2018 from 2 pm-6 pm at the Elementary School and 3pm-6pm at the Jr./Sr. High School. You must bring the following items to the school before a new student application for enrollment will be accepted:
- Proof of Residence
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Shot Record
- Any other needed Legal Documents
- Custody Papers
- Guardianship Papers
- Current Power of Attorney Forms.
- Last Report Card/Transcript (For Transfer Students)
**If your student has attended City View ISD at any time in the past, please use the Student Registration instructions and NOT the New Student Enrollment instructions.
School times have changed for the 2018-19 school year as well. The new times are as follows:
- Elementary Campus: 7:50 am - 3:20 pm
- Jr./Sr. High Campus: 8:25 am - 3:55 pm
Click here to go to the Student Enrollment/Registration Page
Head Start Early Registration
City View Elementary
Call 855-2351 ext. 265
To make an appointment
Your child must be 3 or 4 by Sept. 1, 2018
*The following documents are required:
*Proof of Residency
*Proof of Income
*Social Security Card
*Medicaid/Insurance card (if you have it)
**Physical or THS check-up and Dental Exam
**These two documents are not required to apply, but it is a requirement of being enrolled in Head Start.
The front door will be opened from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. for students to enter. All outside doors will remain locked except for front door. After the 8:00 a.m. tardy bell, the front door will be locked and students will need to enter through the front office blue door.
Parents needing to enter the building will go to the front office blue door. Parents coming to eat lunch with their student will leave their driver’s license with the front office secretary and receive a visitor’s pass to enter the building to eat lunch with their student in the cafeteria.
Safety for all students is very important. We will all have to be patient and considerate of each other as we work towards keeping the students safe and helping the traffic move as quickly as possible.
- The front parking lot can be very dangerous at times. Please make sure that you use the lane closest to the sidewalk for picking up and dropping off the children. Keep to the right next to the curb for dropping off and picking up your student. Traffic is not able to move if you stop in middle or next to red curb. We put traffic cones out to prevent parking there.
- Please do not park in the Handicap or Visitors parking to drop your student off or pick up your student. Handicap Parking is for students who are handicapped. Visitors parking is for parents needing to come into the building or for parents bringing or picking up PPCD student.
- We ask that the parents stay in the car and let the children come to them. The outer lane is used for people who have already picked up their children and are leaving. Please do not leave your car unattended in the drop off lane. You may park on the street or in a parallel parking space if you need to stop rather than drop off.
General School Information
- You may bring lunch for only your own child and not for any other child. To eat lunch with your child, please bring your driver’s license and sign in at the front office to receive a “Visitor” name tag before going into the cafeteria. We have a designated table for you to sit with your child.
- Please refer to the the CVISD “Dress Code” for policy on acceptable student dress. If the guidelines are not met, a parent will be contacted and/or the student may be sent to ISS until they have taken care of the problem.
- Students with cell phones must keep their phones turned off and put away during the school day. Your child should keep their cell phone in their backpack in their locker or turn the phone into teacher. The phone must be turned off until after the 3:20 or 3:35 bell. A cell phone found out of compliance during the day will be taken to the office and a parent will have to pick it up and pay a $15.00 fee. Each time the cell phone is taken up, the office will increase the time that they keep it. Please refer to the handbook for further explanation.
- Please pick up your children in a timely manner at the end of the day. Let the teacher know if there is going to be a change in how the student is picked up a day in advance by written note to teacher.
Please view campus websites for campus specific updates and notices.
CURRENT/RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION
CLICK HERE FOR WALKTHROUGH INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTERING YOUR STUDENT(S)
Box Tops For Education Please send them to school with your child and help us raise money for CVE.
schoolstore.com is currently in progress. Log-on to the above site and shop or order from the family bookstore. Proceeds will go toward CVE. Each student was sent home with information, contact a CVE parent or the office for details. Students will earn prizes as they salet. The schoolstore.com is open year round, our ID is 140800.
Visitors/parents wanting to talk with a school staff person need to stop by the front office. The secretary will call staff person down to front office. Please remember teacher’s conference period is the time to conference with your student’s teacher.
Students arriving at school before the 7:45 a.m. bell will go to cafeteria to eat breakfast and then go out to the carpeted gym to wait for the 7:45 a.m. bell.
Students arriving before 7:45 a.m. and not eating breakfast will go through the cafeteria out to the carpeted gym and wait for 7:45 a.m. bell.
- Parents picking up students at 3:20 need to move on out of the parking and not stop and park to wait for 3:35 pick up. Stopping in the drop off area makes the traffic bottleneck and not move through. Please be considerate of others trying to come through and pick up their 3:20 students.
- Parents picking up students at 3:35 need to allow the 3:20 traffic to move through. It would be helpful for the 3:35 parents to wait until 3:30 before getting in line to pick up.
- Only Head-Start parents are allowed to use the side entrance to the Administration Building. Head-Start parents may drive to parking spots at the back of the Administration Building but should not park to block areas of staff parking, delivery trucks, or maintenance vehicles.
- Permit Cards will be given to Head-Start parents to show to enter the parking area by the Administration Building. Cars must have the Permit Card to use the side entrance. Each Head-Start family will receive 2 cards for the year. The HeadStart entrance will be monitored by staff.
- A Crossing Guard will be supervising children crossing street and in parking lot. Please help us by watching for students crossing parking lots and streets and driving slow in these areas.
- Every teacher has a conference period. Please make arrangements with your child's teacher, during this time, if you need to discuss something. We want all parents to be involved in their child’s education, but do not want the teacher to be interrupted during their “teaching time”. Parents will need to schedule a meeting with the teacher and the teacher will notify the front office of the meeting.
- Every 5 unexcused tardies AND/OR leaving early from school will result in an “after school” study hall assignment. The study hall allows the student to make up time missed from instruction and help prevent the student from getting behind. Please refer to the Student Code of Conduct for CVISD policy.
*If your child has a doctor’s appointment that causes them to be late or need to leave early, please give the secretary the doctor’s note and this will be excused.
CLICK BELOW FOR
2017-18 District Calendar
Full-price student lunch prices will be $2.45 district wide for the 2017-18 school year.
NEW STUDENT ONLINE ENROLLMENT
New Student Registration can be completed using the “Student Enrollment and Registration” link under “For Parents”. The steps are outlined below:
- From the “Student Enrollment and Registration” page, click on “New Student Registration”.
- Click on the “Step 1” button to request an Enrollment account.
- When you receive your email with login information, click on the “Step 2” button and login to the enrollment page.
- Complete all the steps to enroll your student(s).
- When completed, you still must bring the following items to the school before their application for enrollment will be accepted:
Proof of Residence
Social Security Card
Current Power of Attorney Forms
Any other needed Legal Documents