CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Facilities & Transportation Director
Title: Facilities & Transportation Director *Position may be shared
Reports to: Logistics Section Chief
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training and orientations. Camp dates and times will vary.
Coordinate use of all facilities with appropriate contact. Coordinate all transportation. Manage any unexpected facility or transportation needs. Assure CampHERO participants and volunteers return facilities to a condition better than it was found.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all facility use and room reservations.
- Communicate with the agencies that are providing facilities.
- Communicate facility information with appropriate staff.
- Assure that facilities are cleaned and returned to the desired set-up after CampHERO use.
- Coordinate the transportation of campers and volunteers.
- Communicate with the vendor who is providing transportation.
- Communicate transportation information with appropriate staff.
- Work with other volunteer staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Current valid driver’s license.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.