SKETCHHAUS | Thursdays at 9PM
To feature a vast array of experimental, cutting-edge sketch comedy, showcasing innovative show formats, unique/original writing and uncompromising performances.
- A proven, consistently hilarious team ready to deliver a show that challenges audience expectations and furthers the art of sketch comedy [opener or headliner].
- A newer team with an intense understanding of sketch and serious ideas on how to push the form in an intelligent, inventive way [opener].
- Committed to rehearsing at least once a week with a dedicated non-performing director or coach who will also attend your shows.
- Responsible for bringing new patrons to the theatre through an organized marketing campaign.
- Open to feedback and ready to act on recommendations from the SketchHaus producer.
SKETCHHAUS ACTS ARE EXPECTED TO...
- Provide the night’s tech with the standardized tech template in advance and, for more complex shows, the full script of your show with tech cues highlighted.
- Meet in the green room by 830PM at the latest to check in with the producer and tech director.
- Strictly adhere to stage time allotments:
2 openers: 15-20min each | 1 opener: 25-30min | headliner: 30-35min
- Make scene transitions fast, carefully choreographed and covered by energetic music or video. We recommend limiting props and costumes not integral to the scene.
- Aggressively market their shows via social media, emails, postcards, etc.
- Support your development by providing stage time, production resources, staff and growth opportunities for motivated, innovative teams.
- Provide creative and technical feedback from the SketchHaus Producer (through your director via post-show notes).
- Help promote your shows to the public and our community via website, social media, and internal communications.