Last updated/published: 8/18/2016
Use courts’ existing Judici connections
- Connections already exist to keep court data sync’d with Judici,
- Judici has fixed IP addresses which don’t change, whereas many courts use DSL and other services which assign different IP addresses over time.
- Some interfaces, such as the GetCaseList and GetCase web services, will be able to operate without even using a court connection.
- When the court’s internet connection is down, Judici is still up, since outages in our buried fiber optic service are very rare.
- And when the court’s internet is down, Goodin is already right in the middle of it, working to restore Judici sync with the court. With direct court connections to the EFM, Goodin couldn’t help.
- Rather than opening incoming public ports on the court’s firewall, which are vulnerable to attack, the court’s existing connections to Judici are outgoing.