Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Children’s House - Board of Directors Meeting
07.18.16 at 5 pm – E/M S School
BOD Approved on 08.15.16
- Call to Order: Matt called the meeting to order at 5:08 pm.
- Roll Call: Matt Clark, President; Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Shamai Buckel, Member; Andrew Campo, Member; Eric Ikenouye, Member
Absent from BOD: Gabi Morey, VP; Chad Fish, Treasurer, Cayce McCain, Member
Staff: Alexia Hudson, CHD; Susan Likes, E/M S HOS; Aaron Knox, FD
Community Members: None
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission - The Early Childhood Program at Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori methods in a safe and nurturing environment to inspire students’ sense of wonder, innate desire to work and learn, and positive engagement with their community.
Montessori Book Discussion – Matt
Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius, Chapter 7: Meaningful Contexts for Learning
Lead for next Montessori Book Discussion (TBD at meeting) – Alexia
- Approval of the 06.20.16 minutes: Matt moved to approve the minutes as written, seconded, no discussion, approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Approval of Agenda: Matt moved to approve the agenda as presented, seconded, no discussion, approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Community Member Forum
- No discussion
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of Amended bylaws
- Approval of Student parent handbook
Matt moved to approve the Consent Agenda, seconded, no discussion, approved unanimously. Motion carried.
Action Item: Shamai will finalize the amended bylaws.
Action Item: Matt will sign the bylaws and provide a copy to CH.
Action Item: Susan will finalize the Student/Parent handbook.
- BOD President
- Google for Edu. update
- We have an account ready and need to move documents over.
- Upcoming Meeting: Google for Education, Tuesday, July 26th at 8 am at CH (Matt, Tamia, Alexia, Susan, and Aaron).
- Budget & Financial Oversight Committee
- Children’s House Director
- Finance Director
- Additional Committee Reports (uploaded to Google)
- Fundraising Committee
- Matt moved to approve the CKMS CH Fundraising Policy as uploaded with the changes noted, seconded, no discussion. All approved. Motion carried.
- New Business
- Shared Board Information
- Calendaring – BOD President
- Upcoming events
- Matt, Tamia, Alexia, Susan, Aaron - Google for Education, Tuesday, July 26th at 8 am at CH.
- August 19th - Registration
- August 25th - Potluck
- August 29th - First Day of School
- Next BOD meeting
- 08.15.16 at 5 pm
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- All items complete or in progress - thanks!
- Review all Action Items – Tamia
- Lead for next Montessori Book Discussion (TBD at meeting) – Alexia
- Shamai will finalize the amended bylaws.
- Matt will sign the bylaws and provide a copy to CH.
- Susan will finalize the Student/Parent handbook.
- Items for Future Agenda(s)
- Oath of Office - August
- Financial Policies and Procedures – TBD
- Budget & Financial Oversight Committee: consider refinancing the note - September 2017
- Adjournment: Matt moved to adjourn the meeting, unanimously approved. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:03 pm.
Prepared by Tamia Hurst, BOD Secretary