CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Food Services Director
Title: Food Services Director *Position may be shared
Reports to: Logistics Section Chief
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training and orientations. Camp dates and times will vary.
Plan and coordinate food acquisition, preparation, serving and clean-up with appropriate personnel. Manage any unexpected needs. Directly supervise Cooks and Food Service Aides.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan food storage and request/acquire appropriate equipment.
- Prepare/review grocery lists and assign volunteers to shopping.
- Coordinate the preparation of all meals and snacks.
- Coordinate all catered meals.
- Coordinate Fire House Meal.
- Recruit and Schedule Food Service Volunteers
- Work with other volunteer staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Current valid driver’s license.
To apply complete the CampHEROVolunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.