VASHON ISLAND HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Friday, February 14, 2020 Standard Bell Schedule
First Bell 8:00
1st period: 8:05-9:02
2nd period: 9:06-10:06
3rd period: 10:20-11:17
4th period: 11:21-12:18
5th period: 12:52-1:49
6th period: 1:53-2:50
First Bell: 10:30
1st period: 10:35 - 11:09
2nd period: 11:13 - 11:b by 47
3rd period 11:51 - 12 :25
Lunch: 12:25 - 12:55
4th period: 12:59- 1:34
5th period: 1:38 - 2:12
6th period: 2:16 - 2:50
First Bell: 8:00
1st/2nd period: 8:05-9:43
3rd/4th period: 10:59-12:35
5ht/6th period: 1:14-2:50
First Bell: 8:00
1st period: 8:05 - 8:56
2nd period: 9:00 - 9:53
Break: 9:53 - 10:01
SMART: 10:05 - 10:40
3rd period: 10:44 - 11:35
4th period: 11:39- 12:30
Lunch: 12:30 - 1:00
5th period: 1:04 - 1:55
6th period 1:59 - 2:50
1.Lunch: Cheeseburgers, Potato Salad, Fresh Fruit
2.Clubs meeting during lunch: Ventures club room 1116. Teens Leading Change (TLC) club Madrona room.
Outdoor Club Mission Ridge planning meeting Monday February 24 in room 2113 during lunch
3. Sports: Sat Feb 15 BBB @ South Kitsap game 6:00 pm. Wrestling Regionals Saturday Feb 15 at Klahowya 10:00 am. Spring Sports registration will be Wednesday February 26, 2020. Parent Permission Form, current physical and sports specific consent form. Sports fee $150.00 and pay ASB card $50.00 to be eligible to play in games. First practice is March 2nd.WEDNESDAY Bulletin 2/12:
Boys’ Spring Soccer interest meeting Tuesday February 25 during lunch
4.Driver's Ed is coming back to VHS. Find out more at an info & registration session here at VHS on March 5th from 6-8pm.
5 Sign up in the office for SUPER SMASH BROTHERS Ultimate Game Night!. 1 on 1 Game Play begins Monday, Feb. 24th thru Friday, Feb. 28th after school at VHS.. $5 registration benefits the VHS Japan trip. Talk to Karsten Kleitsch for more details.
6. Camp Waskowitz Leadership Training is Sat. March 7 - Sun. March 8. This training is required if you want to attend camp with the 5th graders May 26-29. Must be in 10th grade or beyond and at least 15 years old. Applications are due Feb 26 and can be picked up from Jenn Coe in the counselor wing.
7. The ASVAB is coming to VHS! It's offered at no cost and provides great career/vocational information.
Friday, February 14th 8:00 AM in the Library. Sign-up with Ms. Coe at the counseling center.
8. "Want more service hours? Green Team is partnering with the Vashon-Maury Island Land Trust in running a series of student led restoration events. We'll be removing invasive species and planting native trees near the Vashon Community Care Center on Sunday, February 23rd, starting at 10:00. Pizza lunch provided! Sign up in the office and see Mr. Browning or members of the Green Team for more information."
9. Quote of the day: “The life of a nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.” -- Frederick Douglass
10. Anticipating a vacation will give you a happiness boost
1. The Pirate Pantry. We have food and toiletries available to all that need it. Donations needed: Gluten free items, granola bars,. peanut butter, instant oatmeal packets, mac and cheese boxes and canned soup. Questions?.
2. Extreme weather and/or power outages, radio/TV stations will report closures and changes of schedule. Access information at FlashAlert.net or by calling the VISD District Office at 206-463-2121.
3. Students, please remember to park in the large parking lot in front of the school and seniors are to park in the lower lot off the Vashon Highway. No parking in Student Link and Family Link designated parking spaces. Students please come to the office to receive your parking permit.
4. Attention Students: There is no parking in the Pool parking lot during school hours.
5. DRESS CODE REMINDER: Appropriate Dress for School: If clothing exposes underwear or areas covered by underwear; contains offensive or prohibited images/language, and/or clothing is otherwise substantially disruptive to the learning environment students will be asked to change and may be asked to call a parent. Students will not be publicly shamed or implied to be responsible for the reactions of others to their dress. Complete policy in Student Handbook
6. Food bank for students Please donate food, drop your donations off in the VHS office..
7. Students needing to ride the CES bus home must have a note from the high school and we must have permission from your parent to let you ride the bus home.
Sports and Activity Information
SEE THE SPORTS WEBSITE FOR UPDATES: www.nisquallyathletics.com
Sat, Feb 15, 2020
Wrestling Regionals @ Klahowya
Tue Feb 18, 2020
BBB District @ South Kitsap
Thu, Feb 20, 2020
BBB District @ South Kitsap
Thu Feb 20-22 2020
Wrestlers @ State
Subs: Susan Hanson for Lou Mangione, Mike Kirk for Jason Butler, Mary Robinson for Stephanie Detwiler, Karah Weber for Britt Dahlgren, Aaron McMasters for Colby Gateman, Mary Reeves - no sub found, Kirk Barker- no sub found