Updated October 2016
Here is a guide for those of you wishing to help.
- Acquire food by collection, transaction or online shop.
The items we require currently as we prepare for the looming eviction and demolition of camp are:
Bags - we REALLY need bags for life as we use 1000’s per week, also 10ltr and 20ltr bags.
Bottled Water (Absolute priority in light of the evictions)
Tinned fish (Ring pull if possible)
Tinned tomatoes (large catering tins and small tins)
Tinned Kidney Beans
Cooking oil (large catering bottles and 1ltr bottles)
Tea bags (used to make chai tea every day)
- Deliver it or have it delivered to the Calais Kitchens UK depot: Ellison Court Equestrian Centre, Sissinghurst Road, Biddenden, Ashford, TN27 8DT (This is a working warehouse that donates space to us so we are observing etiquette of booking in every arrival.)
- online shops, MUST be booked for Tuesday mornings and must reference Calais Kitchens or they can't be accepted.
- Every personal delivery MUST be booked in with Calais Kitchens (firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Sochel) at a mutually convenient time with our site manager, Carl, so deliveries don't clash and he is there to receive you.
- Please be aware that onwards logistics are pallets on a lorry. If you can organise delivery of your items on a pallet, please do so. A large quantity of a few different items is best, a mixed pallet is fine, but 'odd bits’ are not suitable.
- To find a collection point near to you check out this map of Refugee Aid Responses around the UK and make contact to see if they have any logistics going over to the Kent depot or to Calais.
(Small items and spice bags can be delivered direct to our Kitchen in Calais: Calais Kitchens, 56 Rue Clement Ader, Calais, 62100.)
If you intend to take your food items over to Calais please let us know what you will be bringing so we can plan for space and our stock for the week.