INTERNATIONAL ONLINE BioMEDICAL CONFERENCE
step by step guidelines for presenters
Thank you for participating in IOBMC2015.
As you know, all presentations will be made using Google + Hangouts on Air.
Using Google + Hangouts on Air is easy. Perhaps you have used it before, but anyway we have prepared a short guidelines on how to proceed.
STEP BY STEP
- Joining the session
- You will receive a Google Calendar invitation invitation with the timing of your session (check the program). Please, come 10 minutes early to ensure you are online and ready on time -not earlier since another session might be ongoing-
- The invitation also contains containing the url to join the Hangouts where your presentation has been scheduled. Click the url or paste it in your browser, it will open Hangouts.
- On the right side you will find a text messaging box. Please, introduce yourself by typing there your name and the title of your presentation.
- The moderator of your session will be connected. He/she will introduce you when it is your time of presentes. You may check the program to see how many presenters will be speaking before you. Anyway you are requested to attend the whole session.
- Please, mute your sound while you are waiting your turn: press the button “Mute” at the top of the screen.
- Open the program you will use to show your presentation or ePoster (PowerPoint, Keynotes, Google Slides, pdf Reader etc..). Please, have it ready in advance.
- A good internet connection is required. Use broadband connection (wire) if possible. A poor internet connection may represent a serious limitation and presenters may be requested to go out of the session.
- Test the system before the conference, including your microphone and camera.
- Getting familiar with Google + Hangouts on Air before the conference is also important.
- You need to register in Google +. If you have a Gmail email account you can use that account directly.
- Please, watch this tutorials if you do not have previous experience
- Please, add your name, title and location (country) by creating a Lower Third Name Banner. Here you can find a tutorial explaining how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6rV3SzstM
- The best browser for running Hangouts is Chrome.
- Please, exit any softwares other than Hangouts page and the program you will use to show your presentation or ePoster.
- Using headphones is a good way to avoid echo
- Ensure a quiet room to attend the conference
- You will be introduced by the moderator.
- Share your screen. Press the button “Share Screen” on the left menu. It will display a screenshot view of the programs you have open in your computer. Choose the program you use to show your presentation. You can find a couple of tutorials on how to use screenshare in Hangouts here:
- Unmute your microphone: press the button “Unmute” at the top of the screen.
- Start speaking. You have 10 minutes to deliver your presentation. Thereafter the moderator may ask you some questions on your presentation.
- If you are presenting over a slides presentation, please start from the first slide and set “full size mode”. If you are presenting over an ePoster image, please set it full size and use the zoom to move around the different sections while you talk.
- Please, remind all presentations will be broadcasted live and recorded. They will remain available in YouTube.
That’s all. Thank you for your collaboration and enjoy the conference.