CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Planning Section Chief
Title: Planning Section Chief *Position may be shared
Reports to: Incident Commander
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training, orientations and meetings. During camp times and dates vary. Available 24/7. Overnight stay not required. Post camp meetings and reporting.
Coordinate and direct the implementation of CampHERO documentation and personnel. Directly supervise the Documentation Director and Personnel Director. Communicate and coordinate with the Incident Commander.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all duties of the Planning Section.
- Manage Planning Section budget.
- Manage Planning Section scheduling.
- Supervise, direct and assist the Documentation Director, Personnel Director and Demobilization Director.
- Communicate with Incident Commander and attend daily command staff briefing.
- Coordinate pre and post-camp section meetings as necessary.
- Work with other volunteer staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Be or become a registered member of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Current valid driver’s license.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.