Fax or E-mail:
(601) 894-1672 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Office Manager’s Position
Attention: Library Director
Copiah-Jefferson Regional Library
223 S. Extension Street
Hazlehurst, MS 39083
Supports library operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff.
- Provides efficient, equitable, and courteous service for all library patrons, without regard to race, age, sex, nationality or religion.
- Supervises library activities including, but not limited to, circulation desk, assisting patrons, maintenance of computerized records, and collection of overdue materials.
- Plans, develops, promotes, and supervises library activities and facility usage through public programs, exhibits, publications, and library blog maintenance.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; managing petty cash; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; assigning and monitoring clerical functions; managing branch budgets.
- Maintains office efficiency by implementing office systems, layouts, and supply procurement.
- Implements office policies; measures results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends. Makes recommendations for improvements in services and collections.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Writes news releases and correspondence and encourages library use in order to publicize library services.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other relevant duties as needed.
- Requires limited supervision.
LEVEL 2 (also includes):
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains office staff by orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- High school diploma. Crystal Springs and Hazlehurst locations require a bachelor’s degree; other locations will accept equivalent experience. Strong interpersonal skills. Self-motivated. Creative. Strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Efficient in use of word processing and internet browser software. Excellent typing skills. Ability to mentally calculate small monetary transactions and order decimal numbers to the hundredths position. Able to lift up to 25 lbs. Able to stand for prolonged periods of time. Drug free. Dependable personal transportation. Non-felon. Preferred: Previous library experience. Experience with programming for specific people groups (daycares, senior citizens, etc.). Experience maintaining websites/blogs, using social networking sites, and creating documents using Microsoft Office products. Participatory experience with genealogical organizations or software. Experience with Polaris library circulation software.