Adapted from Buns in my Oven
Yield - 48 squares
2/3 cup butter, room temperature + extra for greasing
1 3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
2 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F and grease a 9x13” pan with butter. Cut a sheet of parchment paper to fit the bottom with overhang on two sides, grease that as well.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and molasses until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla, salt, soda, powder, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves until well incorporated, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the flour and mix on low until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting.