Chimera Arts & Makerspace
Sonoma County Fire Resources
We migrated to sonomafireinfo.com.
Please go there for up to date information.
- Animals site under development, help needed! See “Animals App” below for details.
- Evacuation zones - 10/10 9:00am also Twitter, SR.gov
- Road closures
- Residents of the Larkfield area (north of Santa Rosa) are being advised not to drink their tap water
- There have been 11 deaths reported (updated 10/10 9:08pm)
- 150 People reported missing (updated 10/10 9:08pm)
- Fountain Grove area is being told to boil water (updated 10/10 9:08pm)
- Tubbs fire has consumed 25,000-30,000 acres (update: 10/9 1pm)
- SSU, JC and most other schools have cancelled class for today (update: 10/9 1pm)
- Mandatory curfew in effect 6:45pm to 7:15am in mandatory evacuation areas. Violators subject to arrest
- PG&E has cut natural gas service in Kenwood, Santa Rosa, and other areas affected by fires
- Sonoma County Sheriff asks residents who are not evacuating to stay off the roads
- Oliver’s in Rohnert Park is currently open and offering free coffee and tea (update 10/9 6:06pm)
- The Sebastopol Community Center evacuation site is merging with Analy High School evacuation site. The Sebastopol Community Center is closed. Please bring all donations to Analy High School. They need pillows and cots and other sleeping supplies (7:30pm)
- A walk-in clinic will remain open in Santa Rosa at 510 Doyle Park Drive until 10 p.m. for people who have non-urgent medical needs
- All Sonoma County public schools are now closed for Tuesday, Oct. 10
- There are still hot embers floating through the air, so be vigilant for any little fires. One was spotted and put out this morning on High School Road in Sebastopol.
- Over the next 72 hours, there is a critical need for shelter workers, health services and disaster mental health providers. If you can help, sign up as a volunteer with the Red Cross, and email NCCRStaffing@redcross.org and tell us your availability and activity as soon as possible.
- Petaluma officials are asking for donations- http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/How-To-Help-North-Bay-Fire-Relief-Efforts-450142573.html
- Shelter at Windsor High School is requesting pillows, blankets and kid toys.
- Shelter at Casa Grande High School is in need of diapers, and toothbrushes.
- Elsie Allen converted to sleeping area. 70-80 beds. Volunteers still needed. In need of adult and infant diapers, baby formula, and glucerna (6:40p.m.)
- Medical Supplies needed at Petaluma fairgrounds, Please donate any aspirin, Motrin, band aids, cough syrup, ice packs etc
- Burton Community Center in Rohnert Park needs donations. Food, blankets, toiletries.
- Sonoma County Emergency Operations Hotline: 707-565-3856
- Volunteers are available to answer urgent questions.
- Text 888-777 with your ZIP Code to receive location based alerts
- To file a missing person report, call the Sonoma County Fire and Emergency Services Department at 707-565-3856
- To “check in” on Facebook to show friends that you are ok, click here
- List yourself as safe and well through the Red Cross
COMCAST has removed all restrictions and opened their wifi for all to communicate. LOGIN in as guest. Use WIFI to communicate and post. Should work until Friday.
I’m relaunching the Animals App Marcel and I worked on during the Valley Fire. It's goal is to reunite owners and their pets or animals that were separated in the chaos of the rapidly spreading fires. The app is functioning and whatnot, but I need some help with technical configuration (specifically, DNS) that I don’t have access to, more help with editorial content, and help spreading the word.
- CNAME DNS Record for animals.socofireinfo.com pointed to somonafireanimals.continuousintegrations.com
- Help reaching out to local vets, shelters, etc!
- Moderators! Help monitor reports and update the site when animals/humans are reunited.
- Help setting up tracking / GA (using same account seems like a good idea)
- Help from anyone comfy with Rails and/or deployment ops
- An SSL Cert would be nice, too!
- A sexier front-end?
- Potential promotional channels
- Existing channels for sonomafireinfo.com
- Lynda Hopkins (via FB or direct)
- Promo at the event at the grange
- Vet clinics
- Shelters and evacuation areas
- Shelter list on sonomafireinfo.com :)
- Zazu’s restaurant (they had like 30 dogs there)
Other transportation options
- SMARTrain is offering free limited emergency service today starting at 2:31 p.m. between downtown Santa Rosa and downtown San Rafael, serving all stations in between. For schedule information see Service Update SMART
- Santa Rosa Bus Schedule. From City of Santa Rosa FB page - CityBus will run free of charge and will operate on a Saturday-level schedule. Note: Route 10 will run a truncated route. There will not be service on the northern loop of Route 19 - bus will turn around at Coffey Lane and Bluebell, south of Piner Road and return to Coddingtown for its inbound trip. The remainder of our routes are planned to operate on their regular alignments. Route 7 and 19 do not operate on Saturdays, so they will not be in service tomorrow.
- Evacuation locations - map link
Shelters - link to map Updated as of 10/9 at 2:23pm.
- Sonoma County Fairgrounds at 1350 Bennett Valley Road, Santa Rosa (🐶 LARGE ANIMALS WELCOME)
- Cloverdale Citrus Fair at 1 Citrus Fair Drive, Cloverdale (🐶 ANIMALS WELCOME)
- Sonoma Valley High School at 20000 Broadway, Sonoma
- Analy High School Gym at 6950 Analy Avenue, Sebastopol
- Lots of supplies available, limited sleeping space (reported 10/9 4:28pm)
- Elsie Allen High School, 599 Bellevue Avenue, Santa Rosa
- Hessel Church, 5060 Hessel Ave, Sebastopol
- Healdsburg Community Center at 1157 Healdsburg Avenue, Healdsburg
- Church of Christ at 370 Sonoma Mountain Parkway, Petaluma
- New Life Church at 1310 Clegg Street, Petaluma
- Cook Middle School at 2480 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa
- Guerneville Veterans Hall at 16255 First Street, Guerneville
- Monte Rio School at 20700 Foothill Drive, Monte Rio
- New Life Christian Fellowship, 1310 Clegg, Petaluma (Hablan español, beds are still available as of 7:20)
- Windsor High School at 8695 Windsor Road, Windsor
- Casa Grande High School at 3333 Casa Grande Road, Petaluma
- Marin Veterans Auditorium, 10 Ave of the Flags, San Rafael, CA 94903
- Novato United Methodist Church at 1473 S. Novato Boulevard
- Lighthouse Christian Church at 1915 Novato Boulevard
- Sally Tomatoes Rohnert Park 1100 Valley House Drive (Lots of Parking & WiFi & Free Coffee)
- Mystic Theater, 23 Petaluma Blvd N, Petaluma
- Bodega Bay Grange Hall, 1370 Bodega Ave. at the corner of Bodega Ave & Hwy 1 (New as of 6;03pm)
- Bodega Bay Church, 1320 Bay St. (new as of 6:03pm)
- Burton Community Center 7421 Burton Ave, Rohnert Park
- Victory Outreach Church 4042 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa (THIS SHELTER IS AT CAPACITY)
- Finley Community Center at 2060 West College Avenue, Santa Rosa (THIS SHELTER IS AT CAPACITY)
- Santa Rosa Veterans Building at 1351 Maple Avenue, Santa Rosa (THIS SHELTER IS AT CAPACITY)
- Petaluma Community Center at 320 North McDowell Blvd, Petaluma (THIS SHELTER IS AT CAPACITY)
- Chimera Arts & Makerspace, 6791 Sebastopol Ave, Sebastopol CA 95472
- We are not a sleep shelter but we have parking, power plugs, internet, printers, tables. Come down and take a breather!
- 🐶 Napa County Animal Shelter at 942 Hartle Ct, Napa - dogs, cats, rabbits and other household animals
- Sonoma-Marin Fair 175 Fairgrounds Dr, Petaluma, CA (🐶 LARGE ANIMALS WELCOME)
- 🐶 List of shelters accepting animals/pets: Via the Humane Society's Facebook
- Napa County Animal Shelter at 942 Hartle Ct, Napa
- Santa Rosa Fairgrounds at 1350 Bennett Valley Road. Access the Fairgrounds via Gate 7 on Aston Ave
- Cloverdale Citrus Fair at 1 Citrus Fair Drive, Cloverdale
- Vintage High farm at 1375 Trower Ave. in Napa will take in larger animals and has equipment to transport them, if needed.
- Marin Humane Society is also offering free shelter to pets, large and small Marin Humane
- Sonoma Valley High School FFA is taking in large animals, 20000 Broadway, Sonoma
- Airbnb hosts are opening their homes in the area for free in from October 9-30 Airbnb
Other Relief Sites
- 10/10 breakfast from 9 to 11, soup and sandwiches 12-3pm and dinner 5 to 8 PM for any people in need
- Petaluma Swim Center will be offering free showers from 8-10am and 3-5:30pm on 10/10. Towels, shampoo, and soap will be provided (7:08pm)
If looking for places to volunteer, go straight to your local evacuation centers and sign up for volunteer shifts. We have heard reports that Red Cross is booked on volunteers but this may change.
General Fire Information
School closures for 10/10 (updated as of 6:43)
All Sonoma County public schools are now closed for Tuesday, Oct. 10
- South Gate Neighborhood in Petaluma is NOT being evacuated.
- Spring Lake is NOT being evacuated.
- Coddingtown Mall has NOT burned down
Known Destroyed Neighborhoods
Major damage verified via twitter pictures and footage from visitors: these are ranges of known damage, variation is present.
- Coffey has suffered major damage. North of San Miguel, south of Dennis. West of Old Redwood Highway, East of Barnes.
- Fountaingrove has suffered major damage. North of, South of Paradise East Winery. West of ??? East of Old Redwood Highway.
If there is anyone missing you want to hear from please post it here.
Doris Norman has been reunited with her family! #oakmont