Honey Glazed Salmon Over Curried Lentils
2 8-oz salmon fillets
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
1/4 bag of lentils
1/4 small onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
7 oz canned diced tomatoes (they usually come in 14-oz cans, so you can just use half of that)
1 large red potato, diced
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/2 bay leaf
1/4 tsp. plus a dash of cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain the water and set the potatoes aside.
- Cook the lentils with the bay leaf according to the directions on the bag. Drain about half of the liquid and take out the bay leaf. Set aside the lentils in the remaining liquid.
- In a large pot, saute the onions and carrots until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and lentils (with the liquid...it will cook down) and stir.
- Add the cinnamon and curry and continue to cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Drizzle the honey over the salmon and marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- When you're ready to get started, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- While the lentils are cooking, take out the salmon and arrange on a baking sheet (spray it with cooking spray first so it won't stick). Pour the liquid in the marinating dish over the fillets. Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the fillets. Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet. Cut each fillet in half to make four servings. When the lentils and salmon are done, spoon the lentils onto a plate. Garnish with chopped cilantro (the more, the better in my opinion) and place the salmon on top.
Find the original recipe at The Daily Dietribe.