Environment and Terrain Artist
Seeking candidates with exceptional modelling and texturing skills. Candidates must be able to create immersive, living and fully-realized environments.
As an Environment Artist working at Muse Games, you will be responsible for creating exciting and believable artwork, building and texturing environment assets for a massive airship battlefield.
We prize an ability to demonstrate individual design skills; including concept and creation of assets that are both original and yet still keep a look and feel of their specific real-world references.
- Sculpting.modeling and texturing terrain and props for an established indie studio
- Work designing and integrating landscape terrain art
- Ensure artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist and Art Director
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production
- English Speaking
- Preferably worked on released titles
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills
- Should be proficient at sculpting natural landscapes of varying terrain
- Possess a good knowledge of cutting-edge shader techniques
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies
- Ability to work without direct supervision, under deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to consult with overseas offices and occasional skype into feedback calls
- Expertise in 3ds Max/Maya, Photoshop and either ZBrush or Mudbox is required
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills
- Game experience preferred
Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered
Experience with World Machine or similar packages are a positive, but not a necessity
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Muse Games is an independent games studio located in New York City. We’ve developed a wide range of games and experiences: exploring bioluminescent forests, sailing steampunk warships, or into the fury of a kung-fu hamster brawl. Our biggest game yet is Guns of Icarus Online. We’re always taking risks, challenging ourselves to innovate, and making the games that we want to make.
Send in your inquiries to email@example.com