2017 POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY SHERIFF’S GUN SALE
On May 23rd, 2017 the Pottawatomie County District Court ordered the sale of certain unclaimed personal property in the possession of the Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office to be sold to the highest bidder. The aforementioned personal property consists of 370 items, firearms. The sale shall be conducted as follows:
- All Firearms will be sold in a SINGLE lot of 370 items. One bid for all items is required.
- All items are sold AS-IS. Guns may be inoperable, have defects, cracks, rust, broken stocks, missing parts, or the like and are sold with absolutely NO WARRANTIES, express or implied, of any nature whatsoever.
- To be eligible to bid, the bidder must hold a current Federal Firearms License and be in good standing. If you are not a sole proprietor on the license, you must be an owner or authorized agent of the corporation. Documentation will be required including the FFL phone number.
- To submit a bid, the eligible bidder shall submit their documents in a sealed envelope and deliver in person or mail to:
SEALED BID 2017 PCSO GUN SALE
POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
325 N. BROADWAY
SHAWNEE, OK 74801
- Sealed bids must be delivered to the Sheriff’s office during normal business hours. All bids, including those that are mailed, must be received by the Sheriff’s Office by 5:00pm local time on Friday July 14th, 2017.
- All bids must contain the following:
- (Failure to include all of the following will result in the bid being disqualified from consideration):
- Contact information for the bidder, including Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, and title of person authorized to submit the bid.
- A signed offer, by an authorized agent, to purchase all 370 items (firearms) for US Currency, in dollars and cents format, and in a legible manner;
- Documentation evidencing the bidder holds a current Federal Firearms License and is in good standing, including the FFL phone number and upon a successful bid, the FFL Dealer shall follow all Federal Firearms laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Gun Control Act and National Firearms Act in the future transactions of any of the included firearms.
- Verification that upon a successful “winning” bid that the bidder shall provide full payment to the Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office in cash or certified funds within 5 business days of notification of their winning bid and will pick up (no shipping) the entire lot within 5 business days of successful payment.
- Eligible bidder viewing process
- Bidders can review the list of items and court order one of two ways. Printed versions will be made available at the Sheriff’s Office service window or you can see the documents online at http://pottcoso.com/guns
- The firearms are available for viewing ONLY to FFL bidders on June, 30th 2017. The viewing will be between the hours of 1000-1700. Viewers MUST schedule an appointment for viewing by June 27th, 2017. No unscheduled viewing will be allowed. Call Administrative Deputy Misty Sullivan at Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office administrative office, 405-275-2526, during business hours to schedule your time slot. Please do NOT call Dispatch. No viewing allowed if you do not have an appointment by 1700 hours June 27th, 2017. Viewers may bring ONLY ONE additional person to assist them during their scheduled viewing. Viewers must bring their FFL to scheduled viewing. No changing of the schedule after you appointment has been made please.
- ON MONDAY, JULY 17, 2017 AT 11:00AM, AN AUTHORIZED AGENT FOR THE POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE WILL POST A NOTICE OF ALL ELIGIBLE BIDDERS AND THEIR CORREPSPONDING BIDS, INCLUDING THE WINNING (HIGHEST) BIDDER AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE LOCATED AT 325 N. BROADWAY, SHAWNEE OK.
Any questions pertaining to the court ordered sale can be directed to Captain Chad Pope, 405-275-2526.