FAQ : Chaos Rings 3
I decided to do this little (not so much now !) FAQ, gathering infos from Toucharcade Chaos Rings 3 forums :
Reasons are that the thread is getting quite big, and infos are splattered so, i picked some useful things there, as it’s the best place to get informations for western release.
The topic :
Credits goes to nice members of those forums : Evokerz, Spinda, Styr , aGu , Derek111, Sorryformyenglish, Ctown20, Pivi, Araivanear, nb1804 , Mattosai (me) and of course ho1yski3s !
Genes list / Skills complete list, courtesy of ho1yski3s :
Genes Stats spreadsheet, courtesy of appleshark :
Item drop list spreadsheed, courtesy of ho1yski3s again !
Complete Quest List (Spoilers Alert)
F.A.Q. Summary :
11 - Popular Genes (and Early Game cheesing)
- Characters to Use
Leary can do the most hits (6) on normal attack and her upgraded AA is magic-based, ignores Phys Resistance. Also has early access to +50% Ice Weapon (Scarlet Ironside)
MC and Al can do 4 hits with specific weapons but is usually 2. MC gets the strongest dark weapon (Incarnation) while Al gets the strongest physical weapon (Alter La Traviata) which compares to +100% weapons when floodgate attacking. They also do a lot of hits with AA.
Daisuke: Not completely sure but he gets the heaviest weapon which might make him the strongest AA user but least accurate and slowest for physical attacking. Gets early access to +50% Earth Weapon (One-Armed Bedivere)
Elroux: Her weapons are 1 hit or 3 hit like Daisuke. But I noticed she has slightly higher MP than anyone else, meaning she can always pull off an extra spell. She also gets the strongest light weapon in the game. AA ignores phys res.
If hunting eggons, use Leary, MC with Ripper and Al with Suzumushi for max hits.
- Eggon hunt quest at will : there is a way to repeat this quest as much as you want : kill 3 groups of 3 eggons for xp (use thise when you have the fight now ! gift allowing you to fight instantly , flee and fight again until you have a group of 3 eggons for the 3 seven bonus.) , then you have one last eggon to kill for the mission: equip low genes (or keplers) , and let yourself killed by eggons ! select give up.
You will get a Game Over (no special effect) , and coming back to MC’s house : go to the quests NPC : Eggon Hunt quest is still available !
- The game is dependent of the clock of your device, so, each day you can have 5 coins as login reward : you can advance the clock on next day, coming back in the game (without closing the app) , you'll see a reward appearing on “my page” section.
Do the same for the next day (advance a day, and come back again , rinse and repeat, that's 5 coins every 10s)
Be aware however the game will memorize when you save, the last day you got to (write it somewhere !) , so if you choose the VIP plan do it when you are finished (come back to the real date, buy VIP plan, it won't expire until the day you stopped getting rewards.)
Of course when you revert back to the real date, you keep all the benefits, so no worries here.
- You can also use the date to get special events and super battles each month , and the 2 super monthly rare genes (12 total) , more details below.
- Reset the game when : you are using lucky boxes to get either some super rare genes, or wanting specific gifts from with coins (ie : to craft genes) : save , open a box : ok : save , bad results : close the app , and you’ll keep your coins, repeat until you get what you want.
-The Voyager’s Snapshot 3 : you might find yourself unable to do this quest and asking yourself where to find Al’s Thousand Voyagers suit… To have it you need to complete the September 9 Event.
-The best Mass Exp Formula : VIP(x1.5) + Triple Eggons(x3.0) + Apple of the Flesh(x2.0) + Apple of the Eternity(x3.0) = MASS EXP MULTI(X27) = MASS INSTANT HIGH LV . (You can get around 200 000 or more exp in 121-130 dungeons (around 306 180 exp in 121-130 in Theia)).
- Stopping enemy regeneration : Poison status stops enemy HP regeneration (can be useful on some bosses)
- Yae ramen shop : You probably asked yourself how much money you must give her before something happens : seems 3.000.000ML are required.
- Farming Money : See the eggon quest tip above , 10000+ ML for a lvl 130 eggon fight.
- Genes max level : normal gene > 30 rare gene > 60 super rare gene > 100.
- You can't increase the number of stars of a gene (you can find some low level gene however that varies in stars like 2 or 3 stars)
You can however increase the rarity of a maxed-level card, you need to fuse it with another maxed-level card which has the same rarity (or above, like Kepler). Some examples are as follows.
Note that super rare genes get new skills @ lvl 20,40 and 60 (as listed before for the monthly super rare genes)
- Kepler is a special SR gene you can get only from lucky gene box and useful when you want to :
- upgrade you rare gene to super rare , keeping the same gene
- reset your gene (if you did a wrong choice in skills but keeping blue heritage skills, see heritage skills section)
- Skills like critical x2 or first turn critical affect only normal attacks, you won't do more damage with any physical skill (like asura lotus, or Magnum Fang) alas.
Critical x2 can be useful however, if you have auto-counter skill (counter being normal strikes) , Kenshin gene have both.
- Spells combination : quickly explained in the tutorial : spell combination requires x times the same spell to be casted with x characters (2 or 3) , it will activate most of the time, not always tho, the order of spellcasting is also important because the combination spell will depend your first chararacter initiating the combination spell : The stats, equipment, passives, buffs of the person casting the spell combo are factored in, the other characters “supports” (and multiply) the power of the first spellcaster. Triple spell combo is the way to do the most damage in the game (you can even one shot some super event 130 bosses)
- Final Strike (or super attack) : will depends of the rarity of the gene equipped , SR is required for the most powerful final attack.
How to do a final strike : you must have the advantage, and delivering a physical type strike when the opponent is stunned (can happen with critical strikes or weakness strikes), you must also strike at the end of your turn (order is important here) .
If the advantage gauge is at MAX , you will do your ultimate attack.
Snowdrop flower : in the town of winterbrought, go a little back , then in a corner you will see the flower (it’s not in the mountains)
World tree blossom : well at the top of the Tree, nothing hard here
Firegrass : you will find it in magma ocean at a certain level (10 or before)
Lily bell : At sierra island where your pigtapirs are, go south, then left near the cliff , you will see the flower.
Then you can do the quest for the bleeding heart once you have those 4.
When you finish the game, and have crafted all the genes, you can see that 13 genes are still missing in your Genes Index : those genes requires specific combinations of 2 four stars genes of the same element :
Kojiro > Solomon + Da Vinci
Juliet > Tutankhamun + Shakespeare
Nuwa > Kenshin + Goemon
Jekyll & Hyde > Rapunzel + D'artagnan
Napoleon > Masamune + Jubei
Newton > Spartacus + Yoshitsune
Shizuka Gozen > Ikkyu + Amaterasu
Alexander > Ishtar + Susanoo
Cleopatra > Daji + Qui Shi Huang
Kamehameha > Basho + Michelangelo
Iseult > Marie + Lugh
The Lionheart > Heishichi + Nostradamus
John Doe > Tsukuyomi + Jack the Ripper
Five-Star Rares by Month:
1: Calypso / Agamemnon (July, January)
2: Seimei / Black Prince (August, February)
3: Dante / Kishibojin (September, March)
4: Gagarin / Xuanzang (October, April)
5: Wagner / Artemis (May, November)
6: Joan / Athena (June, December)
Five-Stars Super Rare Abilities (refer to gene list for completete skill list):
SR Joan of Arc = lv.20: In the Pink, lv.40: Light Deluge, lv.60: Rally
SR Gagarin = lv. 20: Mental Wall, lv.40: Advance Healing, lv.60: Unstoppable
SR Artemis = lv.20: Natural Remedy, lv.40: Advance Odette, lv.60: Blue Moon Brave
SR Wagner = lv.20: Adv Electra, lv.40: Magnum Fang, lv.60: Critical First Attack
SR Agamemnon = lv.20: Moonlight Shadow, lv.40: Trompe III, lv.60: Effect Booster
SR Dante = lv.20: Unstopptable, lv.40: Advance Cocytus, lv.60: Effect Booster
SR Black Prince = lv.20: Emperor Mode, lv.40: Asura Lotus, lv.60: Effect Booster
SR Athena = lv.20: Concentrate, lv.40: Emperor Mode, lv.60: Advance Aquinas
SR Xuanzang = lv.20: Unstopptable, lv.40: Asura Lotus, lv.60: Narrow Escape
SR Calypso = lv.20: Magic Counter, lv.40: Recovery x1.5, lv.60: Prime Recovery
SR Kishibojin = lv.20: Advance Cremation, lv.40: Advance Doga, lv.60: Attribute Affection
SR Seimei = lv.20: Moonlight Shadow, lv.40: Mental Wall, lv.60: Braveheart
Box will open in Sp shop as soon as you find at least one gift (in Battle Mode) that belongs to the box so you can buy / complete their content with coins after.
(C- cyan, B- blue, R- red)
New Year’s Box
I C Tristan in Despair- Convert to TiD gun ring. Bolt attack 50% up; dark attack 50% down
II R Ice Resistance- You know what it does
III R Sun Rice Cakes- Convert to Sun Rice Cakes (conversion item)
IV C Air Placenta- Convert to AP girl’s armor: Phy Resistance 16% up, bolt Resistance 30% up; earth resistance 30% down
VI R Shortcake- Adds +8 to a gene’s attack and +8 to its speed
I B Magma Placenta- Convert to MP boy’s armor: Phy resistance 16% up, earth resis. 30% up, bolt resis. 30% down
III R True Love Chocolate- Conversion item
IV B Tiramisu- Adds +8 to a gene’s attack and +2 to its luck
V C Light Resistance- Ykwid
VI R Kay of Wile- Converts to KoW knuckles. Dark attack 50% up; fire attack 50% down
I R Mille-Feuille- Adds +8 to a gene’s defense and +2 to its attack
II C Gawain of the Sun- Convert to GotS cross. fire attack 50% up; earth attack 50% down
III B Dark Resistance- Ykwid
IV C Air Placenta- Convert to AP girl’s armor: Phy Resistance 16% up, bolt resis 30% up; earth resis 30% down
V R Doll Set Display- Conversion item
I C Earth Resistance- Ykwid
II C Ocean Placenta- Converts to OP adult’s armor: Phy resis 16% up, bolt resis 30% up; earth resis 30% down
III R Galahad of Innocence- Convert to GoI katana: dark attack 50% up, ice attack 50% down
IV C Pinocchio Nose- Conversion item
VI B Cheesecake- Adds +8 to a gene’s defense and +2 to its speed
I R Eggon Fossil- Conversion item
II B Tart- Adds +8 to a gene’s defense and +2 to its luck
IV R Bolt Resistance- Ykwid
IV B Sasuke’s Sandals- All allies can evade physical. Can’t be used with magic reflect effect
V R Merlin’s Staff- Doubles power of next magic attack of all allies
I R June Bride- Conversion item
II C Torte- Adds +8 to a gene’s speed and +2 to its attack
III R Ice Booster- Ykwid
V B Falcon Feather Raiment- Converts to AP boy’s armor: Phy Resistance 16% up, fire resis 30% up; ice resis 30% down
VI C Mordred of Vice- Converts to MoV sword: fire attack 50% up, bolt attack 50% down
Milky Way Box
I C Pancake- Adds +8 to a gene’s speed and +2 to its defense.
II B Gold Bracelet- Converts to GB girl’s armor: Phy resis 16% up, ice resis 30% up; fire resis 30% down
III C Deserted Island Seedling- Conversion item
IV C Fire Booster- Ykwid
V R Scarlet Ironside- Converts to SI gun ring: ice attack 50% up, earth attack 50% down
I B Dark Booster- Ykwid
II R Spectacular Fireworks- Conversion item
III B Cream Puff- Adds +8 to a gene’s speed and +2 to its luck.
IV R Bedivere- Converts to one-armes bedivere knucles: earth attack 50% up, light attack 50% down
V B Falcon Feather Raiment- Converts to FFR boy’s armor: Phy resis 16% up, fire resis 30% up; ice resis 30% down
I R Baumkuchen- Adds +8 to a gene’s luck and +2 to its attack.
II B Gold Bracelet- Converts to GB girl’s armor: Phy resis 16% up, ice resis 30% up; fire resis 30% down
IV B Autumnal Treat- Conversion item
V C Percival of Glory- Converts to PoG cross: light attack 50% up; ice attack 50% down
VI C Light Booster- Ykwid
I C Jack-O’- Lantern- Conversion Item
IV R Bolt Booster- Ykwid
III B Golden Fleece- Converts to GF adult’s armor: Phy resis 16% up, ice resis 30% up; fire resis 30% down
V R Gareth of Gallantry- Converts to GoG katana: bolt attack 50% up; light attack 50% down
VI B Mont Blanc- Adds +8 to a gene’s luck and +2 to its defense.
Gene: Don Quixote
II C Apple Pie- Adds +8 to a gene’s luck and +2 to its speed.
III C Autumn Leaf Viewing- Conversion item
VI B Selene’s Veil- All allies can reflect a single magic attack. Can’t be used with physical evasion effect
V B Earth Booster- Ykwid
VI C Ring of Hercules- Doubles power of next physical attack of all allies
Gene: Vlad III
I B Magma Placenta- Converts to MP boy’s armor: Phy Resistance 16% up, earth resis 30% up; bolt resis 30% down
III C Jelly Roll- Adds +8 to a gene’s attack and +2 to its defense.
II B Snow Candle- Conversion item
IV R Lancelot of Rebellion- Convert to LoR sword. Earth attack 50% up, light attack 50% down
VI B Fire Resistance- Ykwid
Gene: Santa Claus
Date : Event Name (Boss Attribute) > Reward (Class C Base Atrribute)
January 1 - New Year fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
January 8 - Defeat Super Volheim (Fire) > Weapon (S Class)
January 16 - Defeat Verchiel Nightmare (Thunder) > Weapon (Earth 30%)
January 18 - Defeat Super Aries (Thunder) > Weapon (S Class)
January 24 - Defeat Hamaliel Jaws (Earth) > Armor (Earth 20%)
January 28 - Defeat Super Shyamalan (Earth) > Armor (S Class)
February 1 - Valentine fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
February 8 - Defeat Super Auz (Thunder) > Armor (S Class)
February 16 - Defeat Uriel Mystic Beast (Thunder) > Armor (Thunder 20%)
February 18 - Defeat Super Erik (Light) > Armor (S Class)
February 24 - Defeat Barbiel Specter (Ice) > Weapon (Fire 30%)
February 28 - Defeat Super Sagitarrius (Ice) > Weapon (S Class)
March 1 - White Day fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
March 8 - Defeat Super Marv (Neutral) > Armor (S Class)
March 16 - Defeat Adnachiel Fatality (Dark) > Armor (Dark 20%)
March 18 - Defeat Super Dorothy (Dark) > Armor (S Class)
March 24 - Defeat Gabriel Eradicator (Fire) > Weapon (Ice 30%)
March 28 - Defeat Super Volheim (Fire) > Weapon (S Class)
April 1 - Debut fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
April 8 - Defeat Super Drei 6 (Dark) > Weapon (S Class)
April 16 - Defeat Barachiel Zombie (Thunder) > Armor (Thunder 20%)
April 18 - Defeat Super Auz (Thunder) > Armor (S Class)
April 24 - Defeat Machidiel Mech (Neutral) > Armor (Mag 4%)
April 28 - Defeat Super Mariv (Neutral) > Armor (S Class)
May 1 - Easter fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
May 8 - Defeat Super Old One (Neutral) > Armor (S Class)
May 16 - Defeat Asmodel Twins (Dark) > Weapon (Light 30%)
May 18 - Defeat Super Drei 6 (Dark) > Weapon (S Class)
May 24 - Defeat Ambriel Gold (Neutral) > Armor (Phy +20% Mag -20%)
May 28 -Defeat Super Old One (Neutral) > Armor (S Class)
May 01, 2015 : Easter fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
June 01, 2015 : Defeat Muriel Suckers (Fire) > Armor (Fire 20%)
June 08, 2015 : Defeat Super Grazie (Fire) > Armor (S Class)
June 09, 2015 : Defeat Verchiel Nightmare (Thunder) > Weapon (Earth 30%)
June 16, 2015 : Spring fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
June 18, 2015 : Defeat Super Aries (Thunder) > Weapon (S Class)
June 28, 2015 : Defeat Super Grazie (Fire) > Armor (S Class)
July 01, 2015 : Star fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
July 08, 2015 : Defeat Super Aries (Thunder) > Weapon (S Class)
July 16, 2015 : Defeat Hamaliel Jaws (Earth) > Armor (Earth 20%)
July 18, 2015 : Defeat Super Shyamalan (Earth) > Armor (S Class)
July 24, 2015 : Defeat Uriel Mystic Beast (Thunder) > Armor (Thunder 20%)
July 28, 2015 : Defeat Super Erik (Light) > Armor (S Class)
August 01, 2015 : Summer fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
August 08, 2015 : Defeat Super Shyamalan (Earth) > Armor (S Class)
August 16, 2015 : Defeat Barbiel Specter (Ice) > Weapon (Fire 30%)
August 18, 2015 : Defeat Super Sagitarrius (Ice) > Weapon (S Class)
August 24, 2015 : Defeat Adnachiel Fatality (Dark) > Armor (Dark 20%)
August 28, 2015 : Defeat Super Dorothy (Dark) > Armor (S Class)
September 01, 2015 : Gabriel Eradicator (Fire) > Weapon (Ice 30%)
September 08, 2015 : Defeat Super Volheim (Fire) > Weapon (S Class)
September 09, 2015 : Defeat Barachiel Zombie (Thunder) > Armor (Thunder 20%)
September 16, 2015 : Yummy fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
September 18, 2015 : Defeat Super Auz (Thunder) > Armor (S Class)
September 28, 2015 : Defeat Super Erik (Light) > Armor (S Class)
October 01, 2015 : Defeat Machidiel Mech (Neutral) > Armor (Mag 4%)
October 08, 2015 : Defeat Super Mariv (Neutral) > Armor (S Class)
October 09, 2015 : Defeat Asmodel Twins (Dark) > Weapon (Light 30%)
October 16, 2015 : Halloween fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
October 18, 2015 : Defeat Super Drei 6 (Dark) > Weapon (S Class)
October 28, 2015 : Defeat Super Sagitarrius (Ice) > Weapon (S Class)
November 01, 2015 : Autumn fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
November 08, 2015 : Defeat Super Dorothy (Dark) > Armor (S Class)
November 16, 2015 : Defeat Ambriel Gold (Neutral) > Armor (Phy +20% Mag -20%)
November 18, 2015 : Defeat Super Old One (Neutral) > Armor (S Class)
November 24, 2015 : Defeat Muriel Suckers (Fire) > Armor (Fire 20%)
November 28, 2015 : Defeat Super Grazie (Fire) > Armor (S Class)
December 01, 2015 : Defeat Hanael Gun (Ice) > Armor (Ice 20%)
December 08, 2015 : Defeat Super Gemini (Ice) > Armor (S Class)
December 16, 2015 : Xmas fest Promotion (2 weeks event)
December 18, 2015 : Defeat Super Gemini (Ice) > Armor (S Class)
December 28, 2015 : Defeat Super Gemini (Ice) > Armor (S Class)
You can get some rewards (you can choose) when you finish the 100 floors of Magma Ocean :
- Recovery 1,5x > Very good for any healer as it increase the healing by 50%
- Other skills are auto type skills : Light ,Dark ,Earth,Ice, Fire, Bolt Booster / Resistance or a Memory drop III reward.
And every time you'll get 30 Coins.
Theia Box (Solomon SR): Red I, Blue II, Cyan III, Red IV, Yellow V, Yellow VI
Edge Box (Tutankhamun SR): Yellow I, Yellow II, Blue III, Purple IV, Blue V, Cyan VI
Primodia (Lugh SR): Blue I, Red II, Yellow III, Yellow IV, Red V, Blue VI
Military (Qin Shi Huang SR): Blue I, Cyan II, Purple III, Cyan IV, Cyan V, Cyan VI
Spaceship (Michelangelo R): Blue I, Red II, Cyan III, Red IV, Blue V, Red VI
Scream (Shakespeare R): Cyan I, Blue II, Cyan III, Cyan IV, Red V, Blue VI
Jellyfish (Rapunzel R): Blue I, Red II, Red III, Red IV, Red V, Cyan VI
Sugarcube (Marie R): Cyan I, Red II, Blue III, Cyan IV, Red V, Red VI (Fight now)
Snowman (Daji R): Red I, Blue II, Blue III, Cyan IV, Cyan V, Blue VI
MagmaOcean (Nostradamus R): Red I, Purple II, Blue III, Blue IV, Cyan V, Blue VI
Airship (Da Vinci R): Cyan I, Cyan II, Red III, Blue IV, Red V, Red VI
World Tree (Basho R): Red I, Cyan II, Cyan III, Red IV, Blue V, Blue VI
Sunflower (Heishichi R): Purple I, Blue II, Red III, Blue IV, Cyan V, Red VI
Blue ocean (D’Artagnan R): Blue I, Cyan II, Red III, Blue IV, Blue V, Cyan VI
When you combine two genes, it results with a 3rd different gene :
If you separate the Genes into groups depending on their location in the Index (Usually the groups are by 6 Elements and an optional non-elemental) if you fuse a Gene from a particular group to one from another group, the result will almost always be a Gene from a third group or near each other in the Index.
So with that you can probably predict how to get every Gene through Fusion if you have at least a Gene from each group. And no, just to head off the most obvious question, I haven't found the groups that result in 5*'s groups.
Also fusing elemental pairs always seems to result in a particular element.
Using the first letter of each element (L,D,E,B,F,I,Non), also order doesn't seem to matter
Non + Any Element = That Element
Any Element + Same Element = That Element
L+D = Non
L+E = F
L+B = F
L+F = D
L+I = B
D+E = I
D+B = L
D+F = I
D+I = E
E+B = F
E+F = L
E+I = B
B+F = I
B+I = D
F+I = E
2* Elemental + 2* Non-Elemental = 3* Elemental
This gene heritates of 2 of any parents skills except the skills the resulting gene can learn later (you can't get emperor mode skill from heritage if you resulting gene get it in SR @lvl 40 for example).
When you fuse it select two random skills from the two combined genes : can be 2 of one gene, or 1 of each gene, whatever.
You can't choose the skills, but there is a trick to get the 2 skills you want : when you combine the two genes, before validating the fusion , you can check under "status" button of the resulting gene which are the 2 skills it will heritate : not happy ? just go a step back, select again the 2 genes to combine, and check again the heritage skills on the new gene before fusing, you can do it until you get the 2 heritage skills you want (no need to reset the game , what i did a long time before this... -_ - )
Example of a good thing you can do with this system :
Shizuka Gozen is a good healer, she's a combination of Ikkyu and Amaterasu as you saw before.
Ikkyu can be a result of Wagner + another gene (of the good group).
Wagner can learn the Magnum Fang skill.
Level Wagner@SR lvl 40 and get Magnum Fang skill .... combine Wagner + another gene (as long it gives Ikkyu as result) and passe the Magnum Fang skill to the new Ikkyu gene.
Then level this Ikkyu gene (with Magnum Fang) , Ikkyu get herself emperor mode @SR lvl 40 ... now... once you have this pretty skill :
Combine Ikkyu + Amaterasu : you can now give Magnum Fang + Emperor Mode (all from Ikkyu) to Shizuka Gozen as heritage skills , while she retain her own skills , here’s a cool healer with the best physical attack skill and the best buff of the game.
Heritage skills are the way to get the most powerful genes later, as it gives 2 more skills (8 skills gene) , but it requires time , dedication, experimentation.
There are a few skills you can train directly (but not as blue skills however) on genes , as rakasha lotus, recovery 1,5x , resulting of Gifts, or Boss rewards (or Magma ocean lvl 100 rewards).
So you will ask which genes are good , “OP” etc.. in the game, there are indeed some genes that are more (natively) powerful than others (next section)
First , a recurrent question :
how to get Gilgamesh ?
Gilgamesh is a end game gene you can craft (chapter 4) that requires those 6 yellows gems from :
I Fancy Final Feast-Edge of the World Box/Dungeon
II Darts- Edge of the World Box/Dungeon
III Memory Drop IV- Primodia Box/Dungeon
IV Moonlight Shadow- Primodia Box/Dungeon
V Rakshasa Lutos- Theia Box/Dungeon
VI Iris Shield- Theia Box/Dungeon
Gilgamesh is popular, because he natively have all the advanced single target spells (the most powerful spells you can find) , and can also gain stress @lvl 20
can i make Gilgamesh again ? :
Yes, like all genes that can be crafted, you can make them as much as you want as long you have the gifts for.
Note : Arianrhod (one of the best healer of the game) uses the same principle with purple gifts (zodiac gifts)
Popular Gene skills : before talking of combination tips, you have to understand what some of the skills do , i’ll cover only a small fraction of them , mostly those which are popular or useful :
Asura Lotus : Can deliver up to 5 strikes (depending of the speed of the character) , is second best physical skill you can get.
Meaning his fire / earth spells will do some nice damage.
Iseult Trade (innate skill) + Snow Tiger (Blue slot skill) combination.
What does Snow Tiger skill do?
This skill give guarantee critical hit + inflict poison debuff on self.
1. Boss A cast Emperor mode on self, you (with no buff or what so ever) cast Trade to the boss A, what will happen here is you gain Emperor mode and boss A will be without any buff on him.
2. Another scenario: you have poison debuff and attack buff, boss B does not have any buff/debuff.
You cast trade onto the boss B, the result will be you cleared of any poison debuff and attack buff while Boss B have poison debuff and attack buff on him.
Even if boss B IMMUNE to poison skill, he WILL still get the poison debuff regardless.
Unlike Stress skill, poison will constantly dmg 10% of total initial engagement HP or MAX HP which means constant poison in 10 round will kill the enemy off.
The pattern for using Iseult is:
- Iseult uses Snow Tiger first
- Physical attacker uses Asura Lotus / Magnum Fang second
Result: Art Ascendant combo
- Iseult uses Trade skill on enemy
- Any other char use any action
Result: enemy guarantee poisoned dmg for 10% of his max HP for 2 turn
Third Turn & so on Iseult repeat the same (2 turn above) action for the enemy to get constant poison debuff.
Early game Snow Tiger + Trade Combo - ho1yski3s
Remember that broken combo that kills bosses within 10 turns regardless? You don't have to wait until Chapter 4 to get it! In fact its available the moment you unlock Modern Colosseum!
Basically, Okita + Odd Month Gene Box Salome = Mata Hari with Snow Tiger and Trade
I haven't tested it out so try this at your own risk, but here goes:
1) After unlocking Modern Colosseum, set the date to early March for the White Dayfest Event. Use your two free Rare Item Attractor boosters and some battle boosters to easy win a C Rank battle TWICE. This will unlock the marshmallow box. Then with 20 Ohnz coins complete the item sheet to get Okita, which has Snow Tiger.
2) Not enough Ohnz coins? Thats fine! Do the Using Coins tutorial quest to get some free coins, and when prompted to buy from the Gene Box, look for a rare Salome with the Trade skill. if I am not mistaken, on odd months the rare Salome carries Trade as a learned skill instead of Mental Wall. Train this Salome up to level 15 quickly to learn the skill.
3) Combine Salome and Okita, making sure that the two blue slots have snow tiger and trade on them. Voila! Rare Mata Hari with Snow Tiger and Trade.
One step further is upgrading to Kaguya, which has the second highest defence (405) in the game for survivability.
- Wagner (Phys Atk / Bolt) Gets Magnum Fang as SR, considered one of the best, if not the best, Physical skill in the game. Bolt-element. Her stats are skewed towards Attack and Speed, making her an ideal attacker. Magnum Fang does 6 x (char's # of hits), up to a max of 36 with Leary using a 6-hit weapon.
- Kishibojin (Fire/Nuker) Probably the hardest hitting fire user that can be obtained with minimal effort. Has Fire Booster, Attribute Affection and Magic Booster passives. Learns Concentrate, Advanced Cremation and Advanced Doga (with Earth Booster but screw that go full fire). Couple that with a +50-100% fire weapon (Mordred of Vice in first dungeon box and Divine Comedy from Colosseum S Rank) and you have a combo where Gamma Knife + Angry Face + Ice Lotion + Concentrate + Crit Into Advanced Cremation takes out around 70%-90% of a boss’s HP.
(I laugh at this damage all the time)
Ice Lotions are a pain to farm so only use it if you have to. Buy Gamma Knife and Angry Face from Winterborough. There are several bosses that are immune or absorb fire so don’t just pump your exp and seeds on this gene, look below.
- Athena. (Balanced/Light) She gets Emperor Mode as SR, a powerful self-buff. Her AoE skills are incredibly powerful at clearing trash until late-game, as many enemies are Dark element. Holy element. Has balanced stats, with a slight focus on Attack and Defense.
- Black Prince (Phys Atk / Dark) He gets an instant death type Attack called 'The End', Emperor Mode, and Asura Lotus - a physical attack that can hit 2-5 x (char's # of hits), doing more hits with more speed. Like Wagner, Black Prince is skewed for Attack and Speed at the expense of Defense and Luck. BP's luck is not as bad as Wagner's though. Dark element.
- Artemis (Dark/Tank) Artemis is mostly on this list for one reason: Stress.
Stress is one of the most powerful spells of the game as i described in previous section, she get the strong dark spell advanced odette and aug. cremation (if hybrid needs) , magic resistance, natural remedy and some chances to avoid being 1 shotted (blue moon brave) , adding some physical obtainable skills (on kepler via gifts or boss fights) could help, as she have a good defense stat and average attack.
- Calypso (Heal / Ice) Ice based healer, but also attacker as she can have augmented cocytus, but she also has access to augmented healing (all), revive, and a way to clear debuffs from your team with recovery. She’s popular cause you can get her early (check monthly rare) , and you will probably keep her for a long time for the main quest
- Kenshin (Phys atk / Fire) : This dragon is quite a heavy physical hitter , auto counter, crit x2 , emperor mode, physical booster, Rakasha lotus… what else ? give him Magnum Fang or Asura lotus, and you have a high attack , physical destroyer.
- Arianrhod (Heal / Light) : The most powerful healer with advanced healing (all) and most useful healing support skills plus advanced mana on the offensive, can be crafted with the 4 specific purple zodiac genes. Give her Recovery 1,5x from magma 100th floor and your heal number will skyrocket.
- Gilgamesh (heavy polyvalent caster) . Good attack , great caster to complete a team for spellcasting combination as he’s getting all advanced single target spells, can learn Stress too.
- Goemon (Fire) / Susanoo (Lightning) / Jubei (Ice) / Yoshitsune (Earth) (best elemental casters) : High atk , advanced single target, magic Booster, attribute affection, augmented AoE of another element, Resistance to opposed element, group buff / debuff, those are the most powerful element casters , ideal to do some spell combinations (add concentrate / element boost from arenas gifts and you can one shot super bosses on triple combo advanced spells) or passing advanced single target damage spell to other genes (or with gilgamesh)
Also of special note are some of the “hidden” genes:
- John Doe (Phys Atk / Dark) is quite strong. He does great dark damage and has an ice based AoE, has Crit x2, Asura Lotus, and more. He has amazing Attack and is one of the best damage dealers in the game.
- Iseult, Shizuka Gozen (another very good healer) , Juliet, and Kojiro are also nice genes to get as they have specific skills that can be useful , alone, or to combinate.
************** MAJOR STORY SPOILERS WARNING ******************
Don’t read this if you didn’t finished the game already , as it’s revealing major battles, for some trophies you can earn in the game.
You are warned !
I’ll always put this section to the end of the FAQ so people can still get some infos without being spoiled storywise.
************** MAJOR STORY SPOILERS WARNING ******************
Fate Seals are special in-game trophy items that are awarded for battles that are made for the player to lose storywise, but are winnable with strong genes.
They have no practical function in the game, just some nice collectibles.
Fate Seal (Ram) - Awarded for defeating Aries in the ruined battleship without the cannon.
Fate Seal (Skull 1) - Awarded for defeating Drei 6 in the forgotten village.
Fate Seal (Skull 2) - Awarded for defeating Drei 6 with Nasca alone immediately after the previous battle.
Fate Seal (Dynast) - Awarded for defeating Johannes in the chancellor's cup tournament.
Fate Seal (Beast 1) - Awarded for defeating Axion (the Incarnatus attacking New Paleo) with Nasca and Elroux before Al arrives.
Fate Seal (Beast 2) - Awarded for defeating Axion after Al joins the battle, but BEFORE johannes arrives.
Fate Seal (Devil) - Awarded for defeating Auz in the terraformer ark.
Tip from forum member Pivi : As for strategies, I have used exclusively Athena, Calypso and Artemis during the whole game, so if they are well leveled and promoted to SR, than all of the seals are winnable with this three.