Upcoming JHPDA Events
International Wine Tasting, Thu., Oct 13th
Please join the JHPDA and the International Committee for an International Wine Tasting Event!
When: Thursday October 13, 6:30 - 8 PM
Where: Owens auditorium concourse CRBI/II.
Signup here: goo.gl/Gstk8v
Please RSVP before Wed. October 12th.
Cash entrance fee of $5.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
JHPDA Research Presentation Club Sign Up: Fall dates!
Come join the Research Presentation Club! Practice presenting a talk/poster of your choice with the JHPDA Research Presentation Club! Receive feedback from a friendly audience of fellow postdocs and graduate students. Each month’s event also features valuable tips from an expert in presentation skills.
Not yet ready for a talk? Come and listen to a fellow postdoc practice over lunch (provided!) and help out by providing feedback.
When: Wednesdays, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Dates: Oct 12th, Nov. 16th, Dec. 14th, Jan 18th
Questions? Contact Anup Sharma or Madhuparna Roy
Apple Picking, Sun., Oct. 16th
JHPDA Monthly Shuttle Social, Wed., Oct. 19th
Join fellow postdocs for this month’s Shuttle Social at the Fells Point Tavern! Look for the yellow balloon.
When: October 19, 6 - 8 PM
Where: Fells Point Tavern, 1606 Thames Street
Transport: Circulator Green line Stop #105
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development and Careers Office
Click here to see the full calendar of PDO events.
Click here to make an appointment with the PDO.
Scholarly Publishing Symposium, Nov 9
The Professional Development & Careers Office and Elsevier are organizing a Scholarly Publishing Symposium. The symposium is targeted towards students, post-docs, and junior faculty in the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions as well as the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
When: Wednesday, November 9, 10am – 3:30pm
Where: East Baltimore Medical Campus, Mountcastle Auditorium – PCTB and the Welch Medical Library Building
Register for one or more of the sessions at: http://bit.ly/2cYrpgU
- Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures - Commercialization Academy (details)
Additional Professional Development Events
- Apply for a Bio-Trac® Training Programs at MedImmune (details) (posted 10/3)
- Access JHU Membership Benefits to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) (More Details, Webinar Calendar)
- Welch Library Courses (upcoming courses)
- Effective Science Communication course series (website, schedule)
- Writing Accountability Groups (WAGs)
- Hopkins Science Writing Program (details here and here)
- Biostatistics course; application deadline Nov 1st (details)
- Center for Integration of Research Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)
- Johns Hopkins School of Education
- Graduate certificate programs & online programs in education (details)
- The Johns Hopkins Graduate Consulting Club (JHGCC) is hosting a Hopkins-wide consulting case competition. If you are interested, submit your team application here. Find teammates here. For details, Contact JHGCC@gmail.com (posted (10/10)
- Become an affiliate member of the National Postdoctoral Association for FREE (details) (posted (9/26)
- Volunteer as an after school mentor in Baltimore Elementary schools (details) (posted 9/26)
- HHMI launches funding program for early career scientists from underrepresented groups. (details) (posted 9/26)
- MIT Science Advocacy group runs science funding email campaign (details) (posted 9/26)
- Register to join AWIS Live, to learn more about the work of AWIS and its community & how you can get involved (details) (posted 9/19)
- Scientist Mentoring and Diversity Program for Medical Technology (SMDP MedTech) is looking for recent graduates for medical technology program. (details) (posted 9/12)
Fellowship and Job Opportunities
Visit the below site for additional updated listings, including job postings and postdoctoral fellowships in a variety of science careers across disciplines. Recent additions listed below.
- Postdoc position available in transplant immunology and immunoregulation at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (details). (posted 08/20)
- Postdoc in the Neural Interface Laboratory within the Office of Science and
Engineering Labs at FDA (details) posted 9/06
Receive grant alerts here.
Events Around Baltimore
Visit http://baltimore.org/events or the Culture Fly calendar.