Lemon Crinkle Cookie (Source: Adapted from The Kitchen Paper)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
3 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
2 eggs at room temperature
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside
2. With clean fingers, rub the zest into the granulated sugar until very fragrant.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth.
5. Add the lemon juice and mix again until smooth.
6. Add the flour mixture and mix until the dough just comes together.
7. Chill the dough for about an hour before continuing.
8. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
9. Roll dough into the size of a walnut, then roll in powdered sugar until well coated. Arrange 2" apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes