FAIRFIELD COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Iconick Studio will be in the east gym, Friday, February 26, starting at 7:30 a.m. for individual and group pictures. All seniors should have their picture taken as this is the only photo that will go in the yearbook. Team pictures will be taken, unless the coach has made other arrangements for this to be done. Also the senior favorites will be taken. So bring your smile, your uniform, your FFA jacket and be ready to have your picture taken for the 20-21 yearbook.
Correction on Family and Consumer Science class Child Development: It will be offered next school year. Please inform Mrs. Robson if you would like to add this to your schedule request form.
Be the Change
Art Club- Meets every Tuesday in the art room from 1:30-2:30
FCCLA- Crush sodas will be delivered to the 3rd hour classes on Thursday, 2/25. Thank you!
JV Scholastic Bowl
If you are in need of school supplies, please stop by the guidance office. We have all kinds of supplies to help get you through the semester!
Scholarships - CHECK in your Class of 2021 Google Classroom for details.
- Studentscholarships.org document lists several national scholarship opportunities. Deadlines are listed with each opportunity. Check this often, as it changes each month.
- Olney Central Music Scholarships are due February 26, 2021
- Lincoln Trail College Foundation scholarships’ deadline is February 26, 2021
- Frontier Community College General scholarships’ deadlines is February 26, 2021
- Wayne County Farm Bureau scholarships are due March 1, 2021.
- Elks Children’s Care Corporation Physical/Occupational Therapist and Assistance Therapist Program is offering these scholarships. Deadline is March 5, 2021.
- PNB Scholarship application is due March 5, 2021.
- Wabash Communications scholarships are due March 8.
- Wayne County Sheriff’s Scholarship is due March 15, 2021.
- Illinois Federation of Business Women’s Clubs young women scholarship is due March 15, 2021.
- Albion Moose Family Center Deceased Pilgrim Memorial Scholarship is due (postmarked) by March 19, 2021. FCHS students are eligible for this.
- Wayne County Soil and Water Conservation is offering the Roger Johnson
Memorial Conservation Scholarship. Completed applications and an essay must be received no later than March 20, 2021. Must have three applications from FCHS in order for any to be considered.
- Beta Sigma Psi Christian Leader Award for male seniors who plan on attending the University of Illinois. Deadline is March 20.
- USI Legacy Scholarship is due March 31, 2021.
- N. G. Cowen Scholarship deadline is March 31st, 2021
- A.Orlen Brach and Babe Ward Brach Scholarship. Students must be enrolling in continuing education programs within 100 miles of Fairfield. Students can be pursuing a degree or a certificate program in a vocational area. Deadline is April 1, 2021 and must be returned to the guidance office.
- Wayne County 4-H Scholarship is due April 2, 2021 @ 4:30 p.m. in the Wayne County Extension Office.
- New Hope General Baptist Church/Union Grove Association of Churches is offering a scholarship with a deadline of April 1, 2021.
- FNB is offering the David Kinney Memorial Scholarship for students interested in an ag related field. Deadline is April 2, 2021.
- Fairfield Rotary Scholarship is due April 2, 2021.
- Frank and Marie Beiswenger Scholarship is due April 10. Applicants must meet criteria to submit an application.
- Puckett Foundation Scholarship is due April 10. Applicants must meet criteria to submit an application.
- YourVoice Speech Contest is due April 12, 2021.
- Gerald “JED” Foster Memorial Scholarship for senior varsity basketball players, male and female. Deadline is the second Friday in April, 2021.
- Gale Bullard Scholarship is due the second Friday in April, 2021. Check out the eligibility requirements.
- Southern Illinois Coaches Association scholarship for athletes is now available. Criteria is listed on the application. Deadline is the last Friday in April, 2021.
- FCHS Alumni Football Scholarship is now available for a senior who has participated in FCHS football program for four years. Other criteria is also listed on the form. Deadline is the last Friday in April, 2021, submitted to the guidance office.
- Blake Family/Taco Tierra Nursing Scholarship is due the last Friday in April to the guidance office. All students with at least a 2.5 GPA are eligible to apply, but preference will be given to students pursuing a nursing degree.
Information on any scholarship received will be placed in your Google Class of 2021 folder. Please check it out and contact Mrs. Robson if you have any questions. Pay close attention to requirements, additional information that needs to be attached, and the deadline for submission.