Who: 10-12th Grade Band students at ACHS
What: Performance of 2 or more independent musical lines
Where: Ankeny Centennial High School Band Rooms
When: Monday, May 23 – Friday, May 27 during 1st Period Band
- Projects must be a minimum of 2.5 minutes and a maximum of 6 minutes of music.
- Ensembles must have a minimum of 2 performers, maximum of 6 performers.
- Projects must consist of new music, not previously prepared or performed.
- Projects may be, but are not limited to, published music.
- Performances will be evaluated as an entire ensemble using the Wind Rubric and Percussion Rubric.
- Project Approval by Mr. Hook or Mr. Hable – Monday, May 2 end of the school day
- Written Score turned in by your performance
- Duet from Rubank Book or other method
- Trio/Quartet/Quintet/etc. of published literature
- JameyAebersold Books (Maiden Voyage, etc.)
- Real Books
- Student Composition or Arrangement
- All of the practice room computers at Centennial have been equipped with Finale Notepad and MuseScore. They are free and available to download on home computers for Mac or Windows.
- All of the lesson teachers are able to assist with this project, if asked. We want students to do as much of the preparation as possible. Teachers can help with transpositions, feedback, etc. Not rehearsal of literature.
- There are other notation software available if you peruse the Internet. Examples include: Sibelius First, ScoreCloud, Noteflight, Opusmodus, NotateMe, and more!