Royal Hawaiian Seafood Market Report
Skull Island Tiger Prawn
- We are proud to introduce the world's first eco-certified prawn in the world. These Tiger Prawns hail from the north coast of Australia and are MSC Certified. These are some of the largest prawns in the world. We have them in a U6 size head on shell on. They're packed in 6.6# boxes and are frozen IQF. The flavor profile can be closely compared to lobster. They provide a rich, juicy and clean flavor. Undoubtedly, the Skull Island Tiger Prawns will impress anyone who has the pleasure of tasting them. Please contact us for pricing information.
- The season is underway! Bad news is the weather too severe for the boats to go out. It is unclear as of right now when they will be going out, but word is they'll be out in the next few days, and we may be getting our first shipment of the season as early as Tuesday of next week.
Wild Striped Bass
- Wild caught Stripe Bass out of Virginia is among one of the hottest items right now. The fish is in high demand as many chefs prefer to use this domestic product that cooks great. Also worth mentioning is that the price dropped quite a bit as more fish is being caught. Take advantage of this opportunity.
Fresh Rock Shrimp
- The fresh rock shrimp season is currently under way in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. As production is just getting started and the product is still limited, prices are slightly higher than usual. We do expect prices to come down and production and availability improves.
Premium Dungeness Crabmeat
- If you only require the freshest and the best Dungeness crabmeat, we have it for you. Cooked and picked in our facility from our live inventory of Dungeness Crabs, you have the pleasure of knowing that your crabmeat came from live crabs just hours ago. Although we are still proud of the crabmeat that we purchase from our partners in Washington, we want to offer a fresher great tasting crabmeat for those who require only the best. Please feel free to contact us for more info.
- Red Gurnard from the coastal seabeds of New Zealand are expected to arrive to us Monday. The fish is expected to be within the 1-3 lbs. range. You can expect beautiful firm pink fillets out of these that hold it's shape when cooked. The fish is expected to come in the most pristine condition and may be served raw. Strict quotas and great management allows this wild fishery to thrive. Not much coming in so please let us know if you are interested in this product.
Salt Spring Mussels
- Unfortunately production is slowing down and our orders are being rationed. Until we get a better picture of what to expect for the next few weeks, we will subsidize with Penn Cove Mussels from Washington.
- Pressed Sturgeon roe from our partners who provides us with caviar sustainably raised in Southern Italy. Lingotto is a great alternative to Bottarga. The bars of Lingotto are about 40gm each wrapped in gold foil. Shave them over your pasta or risottto as a garnish to add a little more creativity to your dish.
Frozen U/6 Freshwater Blue Prawns
- Currently available are Frozen Freshwater Blue Prawns from North Carolina. These prawns are responsibly produced in inland ponds. The majority of the what we have are the U/6 size. Smaller sizes are available but limited. The prawns are beautiful! The flavor is sweet and the texture is nice and firm. Please contact us for more information regarding this great product.
- We are now offering all 4 varieties of Rappahonnock (Virginia) oysters on a consistent basis- Stingrays, Rappahannock Rivers, Olde Salts, and the ever so popular Barcat Oysters. Each variety has its own size and flavor profile-Rappahannocks carry a sweet a buttery flavor, Stingrays has a mildly salty flavor, Olde Salts has, of course, a "heavy" salty flavor, and the Barcats can be mild, buttery, and briny. All of the Rappahannock oysters mentioned has a great, clean, and crisp finish. Feel free to contact us for pricing, farm information, and of course, samples. For additional information, please refer to their website https://www.rroysters.com/
Painted Lady Oysters
- We are proud to offer everyone a cost effective, but flavorful oyster called Painted Lady Oysters, which is harvested in the cold waters of Washington. You can expect the flavor of these oysters to be crisp. clean, and refreshing as the waters they are grown in. They are competitively priced, and have now taken over as our Happy Hour Oyster selection. Please contact us should more information is needed.
- We are now offering larger sized, Farmed Live Abalones from Monterey CA. These red abalones can weigh up to about 3pcs per lb. and is available as a pre-order only-36 hours in advance. Please give us a call should you need more information.
" At Royal Hawaiian our mission is to redefine quality seafood to mean Safe-Sustainable, Tested-Traceable. We believe quality seafood should not only be fresh and taste great, but be low in contaminants and harvested in an ecologically responsible way. "