Royal Hawaiian Seafood Market Report
Local Widow Rock Cod
- After a dismal fishing week for Pacific Rock Cod, our local boat scored with some awesome looking Widows caught in Half Moon Bay. The fish looks awesome!
- Currently available are Live East Coast Surf and Quahog Clams. Quahogs are commonly found in restaurants back east and can be comparable to the Little Necks farmed out the west coast. Surf Clams are about the size of your hand and will suit perfectly if you boil them off and chop the meat for your chowder.
Salt Spring Mussels
- Unfortunately it's spawning season for these awesome mussels. Rather than continuing to bring them in and working with an inferior product, the farm plans to put a halt on production until the spawning season is over towards the end of May. In the meantime, we will have other suitable alternatives such as Mediterranean Mussels from Washington. Chatham and Acadia Blue Mussels from Maine will also be offered as well.
Beau Soleil Oysters
- Beau Soleils are back in action. Production is still slow as what is expected to come in isn't a whole lot. Saint Simone Oysters can be expected to accommodate the shortage.
Live Maine Lobsters
- Poor production back East is really driving prices up especially with the larger sizes. If lobsters are on your menu, please be aware of the price increases. Other alternatives may be just serving frozen tails or a large head on shrimp like the Skull Island Tiger Prawns. Please check in with your rep regarding the price hikes.
Skull Island Tiger Prawn
- We are proud to introduce the world's first eco-certified prawn in the world. These Tiger Prawns hail from the north coast of Australia and are MSC Certified. These are some of the largest prawns in the world. We have them in a U6 size head on shell on. They're packed in 6.6# boxes and are frozen IQF. The flavor profile can be closely compared to lobster. They provide a rich, juicy and clean flavor. Undoubtedly, the Skull Island Tiger Prawns will impress anyone who has the pleasure of tasting them. Please contact us for pricing information.
California King Salmon
- The season is right around the corner, with the opening date to be projected on May 1st. We are anticipating the season to be a short one, and with many temporary closures during the season. We will inform you all once we obtain more information, and of course, feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Premium Dungeness Crabmeat
- If you only require the freshest and the best Dungeness crabmeat, we have it for you. Cooked and picked in our facility from our live inventory of Dungeness Crabs, you have the pleasure of knowing that your crabmeat came from live crabs just hours ago. Although we are still proud of the crabmeat that we purchase from our partners in Washington, we want to offer a fresher great tasting crabmeat for those who require only the best. Please feel free to contact us for more info.
Frozen U/6 Freshwater Blue Prawns
- Currently available are Frozen Freshwater Blue Prawns from North Carolina. These prawns are responsibly produced in inland ponds. The majority of the what we have are the U/6 size. Smaller sizes are available but limited. The prawns are beautiful! The flavor is sweet and the texture is nice and firm. Please contact us for more information regarding this great product.
- We are now offering all 4 varieties of Rappahonnock (Virginia) oysters on a consistent basis- Stingrays, Rappahannock Rivers, Olde Salts, and the ever so popular Barcat Oysters. Each variety has its own size and flavor profile-Rappahannocks carry a sweet a buttery flavor, Stingrays has a mildly salty flavor, Olde Salts has, of course, a "heavy" salty flavor, and the Barcats can be mild, buttery, and briny. All of the Rappahannock oysters mentioned has a great, clean, and crisp finish. Feel free to contact us for pricing, farm information, and of course, samples. For additional information, please refer to their website https://www.rroysters.com/
Painted Lady Oysters
- We are proud to offer everyone a cost effective, but flavorful oyster called Painted Lady Oysters, which is harvested in the cold waters of Washington. You can expect the flavor of these oysters to be crisp. clean, and refreshing as the waters they are grown in. They are competitively priced, and have now taken over as our Happy Hour Oyster selection. Please contact us should more information is needed.
- We are now offering larger sized, Farmed Live Abalones from Monterey CA. These red abalones can weigh up to about 3pcs per lb. and is available as a pre-order only-36 hours in advance. Please give us a call should you need more information.
" At Royal Hawaiian our mission is to redefine quality seafood to mean Safe-Sustainable, Tested-Traceable. We believe quality seafood should not only be fresh and taste great, but be low in contaminants and harvested in an ecologically responsible way. "