Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
July 24, 2017 at 6:00 pm – 18 Beech Street
BOD Approved on 08.28.17
- Call to Order: Nate called the meeting to order at 6:23 pm.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call: Nate Seeley, President; Julie Suckla, Vice President; Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Chad Fish, Treasurer; Kathy Clark, Member; Stacey Weyand, Member; Kelli Jackson, Member (via phone)
Absent from BOD: None
Staff: Aaron Knox, FD
Community Members: None
- Approval of Agenda: Kathy moved to approve the agenda as presented, seconded. No discussion. Motion approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Renewal of Terms Ending 07/2017
- Nate Seeley
- Nate agreed to a second term ending July 2020.
- Julie Suckla
- Julie will not be entering into a second term.
- Tamia Hurst
- Tamia agreed to a second term ending July 2020.
*Due to all members not being present, we postponed the meeting for a time. While waiting, we proceeded with the following item from the Regular Meeting Agenda:
IX. Reports, g. Report from Kathy and Stacey on the Charter School Conference
- Stacey: provide the board with specifics on adding “safety” to our mission.
The meeting resumed at 6:49 pm.
- Election of Officers
- Julie moved to nominate Nate Seeley for the office of E/M S BOD President for the 2017-2018 fiscal year. Motion seconded by Stacey. Nate accepted the nomination. No discussion. Motion approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Vice President
- Kathy moved to nominate Kelli Jackson for the office of E/M S BOD Vice President for the 2017-2018 fiscal year. Motion seconded by Stacey. Kelly accepted the nomination.
- Julie moved to nominate Kathy Clark for the office of E/M S BOD Vice President for the 2017-2018 fiscal year. Motion seconded by Nate. Kathy respectfully declined the nomination.
- Nate called for a vote for the nomination of Kelli Jackson for Vice President. Motion approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Stacey moved to nominate Tamia Hurst for the office of E/M S BOD Secretary for the 2017-2018 fiscal year. Motion seconded by Kathy. Tamia accepted the nomination. No discussion. Motion approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Julie moved to nominate Chad Fish for the office of E/M S BOD Treasurer for the 2017-2018 fiscal year. Motion seconded by Kathy. Chad accepted the nomination. No discussion. Motion approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Oath of Office
- All board members took the ‘Oath of Office’ as read by Aaron Knox.
- Review description of duties from our Bylaws
- Officers: review your specific duties from our Bylaws.
- Sign Board Agreement letter
- All present board members and the FD signed the ‘Children’s Kiva montessori School 2017-2018 Board of Directors Agreement for both E/M S and CH Programs.’
- Susan, HOS and Kelli Jackson: sign the Board Agreement Letter.
- Tamia: scan signed Board Agreement Letter and place original in the Board files at the school.
- Sign Conflict of Interest statements
- All board members reviewed ‘The Children’s Kiva Montessori Charter School Board Member Conflicts of Interest Policy’ and all members present signed the ‘Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form.’
- Kelli Jackson: sign the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form.
- Tamia: scan signed Conflict of Interest Disclosure Forms and place originals in the Board files at the school.
- Review Board committee assignments
- Tabled until after the adoption on the amended Bylaws in the Regular Meeting.
- New Business
- Review: 2017-2018 E/M S and CH BOD Calendar
- Discussion of BOD terms:
- History of BOD Members and Terms
- BOD Report to Kiva Kids Newsletter
- Tamia: provide Susan with the BOD report for the Kiva Kids Newsletter.
The CKMS E/M S Board of Directors held their Annual Meeting on July 24, 2017. Nate Seeley and Tamia Hurst both renewed their three year terms, ending July 2020. Julie Suckla completed her term and will not be returning. We want to thank Julie for the countless hours she has spent on the school’s behalf. She will be missed greatly!
The 2017-2018 CKMS E/M S Board of Directors are:
Nate Seeley, President
Kelli Jackson, Vice President
Tamia Hurst, Secretary
Chad Fish, Treasurer
Kathy Clark, Member
Stacey Weyand, Member
As always, all board meetings are open to the public and we welcome your presence. Our meeting calendar is posted on our website under the Board of Directors tab and all meetings are posted in the front window of 25 N Beech. If you need to contact the Board, you may do so via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to another successful year at the Kiva!
- Adjournment: Nate moved to adjourn the meeting, unanimously approved. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:16 pm.
Prepared by Tamia Hurst, BOD Secretary