Jeffrey Ross Jacomowitz
3 Phillips Drive
Suffern, NY 10901
home: (845) 369-7508
mobile: (845) 269-2893
2015 – 2016
New York City Department of Correction (DOC) (Queens, NY)
Communications Press Officer
* Place DOC programs into the mainstream NYC media
* Handle incoming media inquiries and deal with media crisis situations regarding violence in Rikers Island
* Work with DOC Commissioner Joseph Ponte with arranging events, speaking engagements and working on various media strategies
* Created and write for the internal newsletter (Boldest Moments) based upon my internal communications experience at former employers
* Write press releases, DOC TV news slides and other materials for broadcast and print distribution
* Work with social media department to create ongoing fresh news material via Facebook and Twitter channels
2014 – Present
Publicity4docs.com (New York City tri-state area)
Principal (freelance media relations and consultation projects)
* National Alliance Research Associates Programs – Communications Director
* Dr. Kavita Mariwalla – Long Island/ NYC dermatologist specializing in general dermatology, surgery and beauty
* Dr. Daniel Yadegar – New York City cardiologist specializing in heart disease prevention and ant-aging medicine.
* Dr. Edward Goldberg – New York City gastroenterologist specializing in all areas of digestive diseases
* Professional Physical Therapy – NYC tri-state area physical therapy center with 41 locations home based on Long Island
* David Dubin – Colorectal Cancer survivor and Director of Alive N Kickin, an organization hosting soccer events designed to raise money for colon cancer research and awareness
* Dr. Larry Shapiro - South Florida highly-respected dermatologist, specializing in hair restoration.
2013 – 2014
Lazar Partners (New York, NY)
Director of Media Relations
* Handled all media activity and involved with all upcoming campaigns for New York Hospital Queens
* Handled all day-to-day media activities for all areas of Lumenis (based in Israel) medical laser technology divisions including beauty/medical aesthetics, ophthalmology and surgery/urology. Media include all women/beauty/fashion (Real Simple, In Style, Allure, Good Housekeeping, etc), plus trades in vision and urology/nephrology.
* Worked closely with the Lumenis humanitarian chapters including the US Military Wounded-Warrior program, the Haiti initiative and raising awareness for domestic violence.
* Handled all media activities for Given Imaging (PillCam GI endoscopy capsule manufacturer based in Israel), plus CDx Diagnostics, Prosensa, Kineta, PowerVision and Covidien.
* Worked closely with in-house investor relations (IR) teams regarding the media strategy on a number of health and biotech IPOs and earnings results with clients including Lumenis, Endochoice and Prosensa.
2012 – 2013
New York Hospital Queens (Flushing, NY)
Media Relations Specialist (freelance position)
* Brought the hospital to Lazar Partners as a new client in February 2013 (see above)
* Handled day-to-day media activity for New York Hospital Queens, including promoting hospital-sponsored events and initiatives and directing New York City media to speak to NYHQ physicians.
* Service lines of concentration included gastroenterology, nutrition/food health, cancer, psychology, cardiology, emergency medicine and pediatric care.
* Crafted press releases for local and regional distribution for Queens and the surrounding region including Nassau County.
* Crafted news information bulletins to be used throughout the hospital internally.
2005 – 2012
Mount Sinai Health System (formerly Continuum Health Partners, Inc – Beth Israel Medical Center, St. Luke’s – Roosevelt Hospital Center) (New York, NY) – Associate Director of Public Affairs
* Handled all media activity for the following service lines at all hospitals; cancer/oncology, cardiology/ pulmonary/thoracic surgery, emergency medicine, consumer pain medicine & palliative care (includes hospice), gastroenterology, infectious diseases (includes HIV program), nephrology, ENT/ asthma /allergy/ sleeping disorders & radiology
* Worked closely with the hospital’s marketing and business development/donor relation team to strengthen service lines of responsibility.
* Crafted and issued press releases on a continuous basis announcing new health services and initiatives for the hospital and the perspective service lines. These releases were used as part of news stories for the local and national media.
* Held various in-house conferences and meetings for the physicians that were used for media communications regarding the latest medical techniques that were being conducted.
* Responsible for end-of-the-year reports that became a public relations tool regarding measurement of media impressions each of the service lines.
* Arranged press conference for news breaking events at the hospitals plus conduct media campaigns for new hospital service areas (i.e., Beth Israel’s 24-hour walk in clinic & the opening of the new westside cancer center)
* Began the first social media website platform: The Facebook page of the Comprehensive Breast Cancer Center at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center
* Handled openings /ribbon-cutting events, social media promotion as well as production of NBC hospital commercials
2002 – 2005
Various PR & Media Relations Freelance Campaigns (Promoting Health Care/Pharmaceutical Consumer Products)
* Worked with the Zeno Group promoting various third stage clinical trials cancer drugs and helped launch Lunesta, the popular anti-insomnia drug.
* Public Relations Manager for TrimSpa (dietary supplement)
* Worked on various freelance campaigns with RFCP communications
2000 – 2002
CPR Medical/Marketing Communications (Teterboro, NJ)
Director of Public Relations and High Tech SAE
* Supervised all media relations activity for the entire agency as well as managing eight to ten account executives, junior AE's and interns on various campaigns.
* Hands-on media and client relations for The NeoStrata Co. (nationally-known consumer skin care company). Placed magazine articles, new product announcements and booked TV interviews for NeoStrata's skin care experts.
* Arranged media interviews at healthcare events (HIMMS New Orleans ‘01)
* Hands-on media and client relations for Agilera (industry-known ASP) and worked closely with newspapers, business and technology trades, and internal crisis management PR.
* Other clients included The TriZetto Group (e-Health ASP), Wellmed (health communication company), Kronos (Optimal Health Company - Preventive Care), Viviance (international e-Learning/eTraining), Blue Barn Interactive (web community development), and other accounts in healthcare and technology.
* Designed exclusive media and corporate communications programs for all accounts.
1998 – 2000
KPMG LLP (Montvale, NJ & New York, NY)
National Accounts PR Manager for Industrial Markets and the Public Sector
* Promoted KPMG thought-leaders positively in the industrial markets sector (automotive, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, energy, utilities, transportation and government).
* Placed KPMG directors in top nationals and trades including the Wall Street Journal, Automotive News, Ward's Autoworld, Utility Business, Hart's Energy Markets, The Daily Deal, Industry Week, Chemical Week, Chemical and Engineering News, Pharmaceutical Executive, Government Technology, eGov.com, and many others.
* Worked directly with KPMG's national marketing development team in the above industries to gather information for press releases and positioning to the media.
1991 – 1998
Ruder-Finn Worldwide (New York, NY) - Senior Publicist and Director of Sports Division for the Media Direct/Planned TV Arts book publicity department
* Responsible for placing clients and corporate speakers in all areas of the broadcast and print media through morning drive radio tours, TV satellite tours, VNRs and road tours. Clients include publishing giants (i.e., Simon and Schuster) plus corporations such Johnson and Johnson, Consumer Reports, ESPN the Magazine and talent such as Evander Holyfield, William Shatner, and Norman Mailer.
* Acquired the Johnson and Johnson account, budgeted this new account and ultimately oversaw the progress of the account. This business-to-business, high-tech, healthcare account was the promotion of a state-of-the-art sterilization unit for hospital use. (road tour, radio/TV satellite tour and print media relations)
* Worked at various ABA conventions (American Booksellers Association) events in Chicago and Los Angeles for book launches from 1992 - 1998.
* Created press kits, wrote pitch letters, biographies, press releases, and questionnaires.
* Trained and managed interns and new employees.
Radio Journalism Work (1988 - 1991)
1989 - 1991 WOR-AM Radio (New York, NY) - Assistant Producer, Interviewer and Researcher with the Bernard Meltzer Show
* Responsible for booking all types of guests for interviews & wrote telephone interviews and transcription.
1988 - 1989 WLNA-AM/WHUD-FM Radio (Peekskill, NY) - News Reporter
* Covered town board meetings and community issues in northern Westchester County, NY.
* Wrote news stories for the day's newscasts.
* Continues to attend and speaks at various PR events.
* Contributing writer to Town & Village newspaper in Manhattan
* Quoted in publications such as The New York Times, Daily News, PR and Marketing News, PR Week, and Tactics,
* Member of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) since 2003
* Writes local Rockland County news stories for the Airmont Scoop & Rockland County Times 2014, 2015
Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) - S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
Bachelor of Science, 1987 Major: Broadcast Journalism, Minor: Psychology