SGA Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
12:00 p.m. CE 101
Call to Order:
There will be two roll calls at the beginning and end of each meeting to make sure members stay for the full meeting.
Approval of Minutes:
Our secretary resigned recently, so we don’t have any minutes to approve. We will do the approval in the next meeting.
President – Tam Nguyen
- Gym is officially open. The operation hour information can be found in front of the gym.
- Presto Food Sampling (Mon, March 3rd at 2pm) - It is an opportunity to give feedback and input to the cafeteria. If you are interested, please sign up in student life.
- Officers are actively working on the letter to address parking lot issues. Updates will come.
Vice President – Sean Glaser
- Campus Christian Club for Greenspoint and Victory are approved.
- Emerging Club Committee will meet today to discuss about the Archery Club’s proposal.
- North Star News fund request is approved.
Secretary – [Parliamentarian reported]
- Minutes will be posted on the SGA page in LSC4ME within 1 week of SGA meetings.
- Agendas will be posted before meetings. If you haven’t already joined the SGA page in LSC4ME, you’ll need to do that to view agendas and minutes.
• Sign in at every meeting. Sign-in sheets will be given out 5-10 minutes before the end of the meetings.
- In order to make announcements, you MUST use the announcement form and indicate club names.
- Reminder to all club representatives to place club signs in front of them for easy identification.
- Non-Club members can pick up an “at large” sign to place in front of them.
Parliamentarian – David Pham
• The meetings run according Robert Rules of Order. Members can’t speak if they are not recognized by the Chair.
A-Team President – Luisa Salinas
• A-Team meeting- February 24th- 11:45-12:30pm
• Upcoming Events:
Tuesday, March 04th – Mardi Gras – 12pm-1pm - Courtyard
Thursday, February 24th – Go Texan Day Party – 11:30am-1pm
Night School Representative – Vacant
• No report.
Victory Center Representative – Vacant
• No report.
Greenspoint Center Representative – Michael Horner
• No report
Staff Advisor - Dan Mitsven
• No report
Faculty Advisor – Dr. Shae Adkins
- Emerging Club Committee will meet today to discuss.
- Need a new member replacement. If you are interested, please see Dr. Shae after the meeting to get more information.
No old business.
No new business.
- Parking passes need to be renewed each Fall semester.
- Passes are valid from August – July
- Website for passes moves slow. If you want to get it done fast, you can bring it to the admission or the police station
- Police will print a temporary parking permit for you if you register at the police station.
- Meets every Tuesday from 12pm-12:30pm
- Asian Pacific Islanders Festival- April, 15th- 4pm-7pm. ASAP need volunteers.
- T-shirts are $10
- Collecting unopened toiletries in camouflage boxes that are put around campus.
- We will send to troops in need.
- Bottom right of front page for newspaper is ad space for organizations.
- Debate team won two state tournaments.
- Free raffles each month for free ad space
- Sign up as liaisons to enter in the raffles.
- 50% off for RSO members for ads in paper.
- Tuesday, February 25th - “inconvenient truth”- 2pm- popcorn is served
- Introduced new liaison
- Workshop will be on Friday, February, 21st in Library- free pizza
- February, 26th - Financial Aid workshop- SC101- 12pm-1pm
- Meeting Tuesday- SC above Café, room 104, 12pm-1pm
- Open House today - Winship 122 – 11am-2pm
The motion to adjourn the meeting was made. Phi Theta Kappa seconded the motion. Motion passed.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:31pm.