Todo Sobre Mí (Everything about me)
You are going to be starting a course-long BLOG about yourself, your friends and your family. Each chapter you will be adding to your BLOG based on the information and topics covered in that chapter. Each BLOG entry must include the chapter related content as well as pictures and/or clip art related to the information you share. If you would prefer not to use pictures of your actual family and friends, you are welcome to “create” your own family and circle of friends based on famous people, athletes, or even animals!
BLOG entry included all required elements as well as a few additional elements.
BLOG entry included all required elements and one additional element.
BLOG entry included all required elements.
Required elements were missing from the BLOG entry.
All content is in the students\' own words and is accurate. No online translators were used.
Almost all content is in the students\' own words and is accurate.
At least half of the content is in the students\' own words and is accurate.
Less than half of the content is in the students\' own words and/or is accurate.
Spelling & Grammar
No spelling or grammatical mistakes on BLOG entry with lots of text.
No spelling or grammatical mistakes on BLOG entry with little text.
One spelling or grammatical error on BLOG entry.
Several spelling and/or grammatical errors on BLOG entry.
Graphics and Visuals
Some sort of visual is included to highlight every topic discussed on Blog entry.
Some sort of visual is included to highlight the majority of topics discussed on Blog entry.
Limited visuals are included to highlight topics discussed on Blog entry.
One or two visuals used to highlight topics discussed on Blog entry.
Todo Sobre Mí – Chapter 1
Entry 1: YO
¿Quién soy yo? ¿Qué me gusta?
The first part of your BLOG you will be writing about three people: yourself, a female friend and a male friend. You will be creating an entry about yourself, an entry about your female friend, and an entry about your male friend. Follow the guidelines below as to what should be included in each entry.
You! This first entry should include the following (all in complete sentences):
· Your name
· Where you are from
· Two or three sentences describing yourself using adjectives
My likes! Continue by discussing your likes and dislikes. In complete sentences tell me about the things that you like and dislike using the verb “GUSTAR”. You may use the vocabulary in the textbook or you may look up new words for things that relate better to you. You must have at least 3 likes and 3 dislikes but feel free to include more. The more information you have, the better!
Todo Sobre Mí – Chapter 2
Entry 2: Mi amigo/amiga
¿Cómo son mis amigos? ¿Qué les gusta?
Mi amigo/a: Your male or female friend! This entry should include the following (all in complete sentences):
· His/her name
· Where he/she is from
· Two or three sentences describing the person using adjectives
Le gusta…: Your male or female friend! Continue talking about his/her likes and dislikes. In complete sentences tell me about the things he/she likes or dislikes using the verb “GUSTAR”. You must have at least 3 likes and 3 dislikes but feel free to add more. The more information you have, the better J
Entry 3: Mi otro amigo / Mi otra amiga
Mi otro amigo/otra amiga: Your male or female friend! This next entry should be the same as entry 2, just describing the opposite friend.
Be sure that you have included pictures of yourself, your female friend and your male friend. They should be easily identified – not in a group with others making it hard to pick them out. Place the picture of yourself in your first entry and your friend’s pictures on entries 2 and 3).
On each entry you should include clipart and/or pictures that represent the items you have listed that people like and/or dislike. If you look up new words not in our chapter vocabulary, please make sure you include some sort of visual that matches those items so your classmates can figure out the meaning of the unknown words better.
Todo Sobre Mí – Chapter 3
Entries 4, 5, and 6: ¡Somos muy activos!
You have already created 3 entries for this project. The first was all about you. The next two entries are about a male friend and a female friend. Now you will be adding more entries about yourself, and both your male and female friend using information from chapter 3.
Include the following information in your entries:
· Tell me what you/he/she does during the week – you can be specific using days of the week and chapter 3 vocabulary
· Tell me what you/he/she does on the weekends. Be sure to tell me about Saturday and Sunday.
· Include “con quién” throughout your writing to indicate who you/your friends do each of the activities with during the week and on the weekend.
· Be sure to include ¿Con qué frecuencia? in your writing for as many items as you can
· This chapter focused on conjugating verbs. You may include “Gustar” in your writing but most of your sentences should be utilizing conjugated verbs. (Ex. He likes to swim. (would prefer) He swims.)
· Try to make your writing flow. When you re-read what you wrote does it make sense in that order? Does it sound good to you? You may want to read it to someone else in the class and see what they think.
Trying for Advanced?
· You should include new vocabulary that you look up on your own.
· Your writing should be as detailed as possible and should be a nice summary of the week for each person.
· When using new verbs, REMEMBER – you can only conjugate AR verbs at this point in time. Do not try to use and ER or IR verbs. If you find an ER or IR verb that you want to use, you will have to use it with “Gustar” to make it work.
· DO NOT use on-line translators to help you. You may only use them to look up a word, not a phrase or sentence. If you turn in work that contains sentences/phrases from an online translator, your final assessment grade will be affected. Do your own work!
Todo Sobre Mí – Chapter 4
Entries 7 and 8: ¡En el colegio!
We’ve now looked at school, your class schedule, and describing your classes and teachers. Create two entries in which you tell me about your class schedule.
Mi horario: Create an on-line schedule in which you:
Me gusta más: Tell me about which class you like the most and why. Also, tell me about any activities you do at school such as sports, music, drama, etc.
Todo Sobre Mí – Chapter 5
Entries 9, 10, and 11: ¡Mi familia!
Now it’s time to add in some family members. You are to create 3 more entries in which you describe 3 family members and/or pets!
Mi familia: To begin each entry for each person/pet, please include:
Le gusta…: For each person/pet, please include:
Please remember that you are always encouraged to add more information!