Why is Australia split into 5 parts?
What I Already Know:
- There are five states.
- The Europeans discovered Australia by a portuguese expedition.
- It was discovered in 1521.
- Western Australia is the biggest part.
- there was a tribe named the aboriginals that lived there when they discovered it.
- they had to fight for survival and survive during harsh dry seasons.
- It is an island.
- It is split into 5 parts
- What are these “parts” called?
- Why are they so big?
- How did they name them?
- Who decided to split this country?
- Who did this?
- How did this happen?
- Is it because a historical feature that slowly split them?
- Was it because of a war?
- When did this happen?
- Why did it happen?
- When was this discovered?
The Facts I Found Out
- The “ Parts” of Australia are Northern Australia, Western Australia, Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia, Northern Territory.
- The biggest “ part” is Western Australia.
- Australia borders the Indian Ocean and the North Pacific Ocean.
- Australia is landlocked.
- Western Australia is the capital ‘part’