CAKE DECORATING BEGINNING CAMPER SUPPLY LIST
Parents will need to purchase the following items for each camper/student.
Students are required to prepare their own cakes and cupcakes at home the day before each class session. The prepared items will be decorated in class.
Please purchase or bake yellow non decorated cupcakes (at least 6 cupcakes) for the first day of class.
Checklist of Materials that must be purchased in order to decorate cakes/cupcakes:
The following items need to be purchased in order for your child/camper to ice cakes and prepare flowers:
- 2 lbs. White VEGETABLE Shortening Crisco (or 6 sticks (BLUE LABEL) –It is suggested this brand so all students have the same result, and this brand does not have strange smell (any supermarket has them by the oil area
- 8 lbs. - Powdered/Confectioners’ sugar, any brand
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch Extra Shortening 3 tablespoons
- 5 used containers with lids 1 quart each (can be plastic take out ones, glass or stainless steel)
- 5 containers with lids 1 quart each NEW (DOLLAR STORE)
- Handy-wipe or kitchen Towel
- Wax paper roll 1
- Disposable gloves, size according to student.
- Apron to cover as much clothing of student
The following items can be purchased from Craft Stores:
- Meringue Powder WILTON– container 4oz
- Rolled Fondant white Wilton big box 5lb more or less
- Gum paste 1 lb.
- 2 Cardboard Cake box size 12x12x6”height to take material home
- 12 Disposable decorators bags #12
- 12 Couplers
- 12 Disposable decorating bag #16 or 18
- Tips ball 2,3, 12, Stars16, 18,21 Leaves 352, 366, tip 230, 1M, 2D, 81, 59, tips Petal 104
- 2 Round 12” diameter (Wilton Brand, model: Show N’ Serve or Silver Platter)
- 2 Rectangular 13x19 or 12” square cake platter
**Materials can be found at any supermarket or wholesale store (Cosco, BJ’s, Walmart, Lowes, Food lion, etc.)
**Tools can be found at any Craft store (Michaels, AC Moore, Joann, Hobby Lobby) – you may be able to find coupons online.