CSC301, Final Team Demo
Monday, Dec 5 & Wednesday, Dec 7
Your final demo will be similar to the video you submitted for deliverable 2.
There are a few differences though:
- The demo is longer (5 - 10 minutes).
- This is a live demo, not a recorded video.
- It will be evaluated by the instructor.
- At the end of the demo, each team member will be asked to briefly describe their main contributions and lessons learned.
When preparing your demo, think about your audience (i.e. the instructor).
I don’t know your project as well as your TA, and I am interested to:
- See your prototype in action and understand the user experience.
- Understand who your target users are.
- Understand why your software is valuable to its users.
- Understand how you worked together as a team.
During your demo, I will ask you a few questions. You can expect
- Technical questions about your software
- Questions about how you worked together as a team
- Total time: 15-20 minutes.
- 5-10 minutes demo
- 5-10 minutes Questions & Answers
- When: Monday, Dec 5 & Wednesday, Dec 7
- I will open up the registration for specific time slot next week
- Monday demos will be in BA1200
- Wednesday demos will be in SS1083
- You will be able to connect your laptop to the projector (via HDMI, VGA or Mini DisplayPort) and to the audio system (headphones jack). If you need any additional audio/video equipment, please let us know in advance.
I will evaluate the following aspects of your demo:
- I should have a very clear idea of what you built, who you built it for and why.
- The value that your product provides (or should provide) to its users should be clear.
- Practice your demo in advance, and make sure it has a coherent and logical flow.
- When answering questions, make sure you understand the question first.
When in doubt, ask me to rephrase the question. It is better than spending time answering the wrong question.
- Overall evaluation of the project
- Effort that was put in
- Quality of the work (planning & implementing)
- Insights (technical or non-technical)