Present: Stephen Wright, Alan Smith, Margo Glass, Pattric Langley, Dave Green
Absent: Emmie Hiersche, Karen Peterson
- Continued progress toward better financial standing. Need to examine membership revenue.
- Membership slightly up from April
- 491 individual memberships
- 187 family memberships
- Total of 1063 people
- Avg age of all reported is 42.1 years
- 54% women, 46% men
- Discussion on the value of membership since we’re seeing a decline in membership renewals. Perhaps we can incent memberships via increased event discounts for members.
- Race Operations - Pattric and Steve
- Race for the Redheads - Steve Wright and Dave Cook contributed their time as race directors for this event sponsored by the Oregon Zoo zookeepers. In the end, about 200 participants.
- Oregon Zoo would like to have another edition of this next year, perhaps featuring another zoo animal. Oregon Zoo also suggested perhaps using the zoo for our Summer Solstice event in 2017.
- Hagg Lake went well, increase in 100 participants
- Vernonia also went well, also an increase in participants primarily for the half marathon.
- UTLR registrations are up over last year
- RDs are implementing the volunteer signup aspect of the RunSignUp platform.
- ORRC storage unit access changes during work there. RDs to be notified of new access procedure.
- Marketing/IT - Committee members - Steve and Alan - no updates.
- Margo Glass Election to Board of Directors Nomination Form - Name first brought up at April meeting - Steve
- Motion to approve for a two year term. Approved.
- Russ Zornick - Steve had a discussion with Russ to reiterate the value he gives ORRC. Thanks Russ!
- Switching board meeting to alternative Wednesday - suggestion to 4th Wednesday, except Nov and Dec.which will be on the third Wednesday of those months -Steve
- Change approved. Next meeting will be June 22.
- ORRC Bucks alternative/ RRCA question - Talk with RSU for suggestions / better incentify volunteer program - Steve
- Alan and Pattric to discuss how best to do this via RunSignUp given our needs.
- Incentives for Board of Directors service - consider free race participation for one year of Board service.
- Motion approved for this incentive for Board membership.
- Support for Ladybug run - event equipment donation discussed
- Community outreach funding requests should be submitted by the end of June. Spread the word.
- Steve talked about RRCA “Roadie” program as an ambassador for this program.