The Comics Lab/Irish Times
Graphic Short Prize
Designer / Project Coordinator
Overview: Designer/Project Coordinator required to coordinate submissions and design the 44 page Comics Lab/Irish Times Graphic Short Prize anthology, including opportunity to illustrate cover. This is a paid role.
- Manage shortlist of ten as follows:
- Notify shortlisted people to deliver high res files
- Coordinate receipt of submissions
- Design and layout of print file
- Provision of file to Comics Lab for proofing/sign off
- Provision of file to printer
- Cover Design - the Designer will be given first refusal to put their stamp on the anthology by creating the cover image. If not, it will be offered to another designer/illustrator.
- NOTE: The deadline for submissions is March 8, and the launch of the anthology is at the 6th April DCAF, so you’ll need to schedule the project to leave time to turn around the print job.
- Illustration skills
- Time management - the deadline is tight
- Indesign (or equivalent )
Applications are invited from all. Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 15th February, 17.00pm:
- Examples of relevant work
- We need to know you have a good working knowledge of design tools, so please show us at least one example of any documents you have designed and formatted (these can be anything from personal comic book projects to annual reports).
- Examples of illustration or design work that best showcase the approach you would take for cover design
- Preferably provide links to projects rather than sending attachments.
- Tell us what tools you used to create each project.
Got questions? Email us at: email@example.com