Broadturn Farm Summer Camp
Junior Counselor Program
Young adults ages 15 through 17
Junior Counselors are a strong component of the day to day functions of The Long Barn Summer Camp. These 15-17 year old volunteers offer their time and service as counselors in exchange for an opportunity to learn about early childhood education and sustainable farming.
This is a volunteer position. To apply, please fill out the online application and send one letter of reference to email@example.com. You will be contacted directly if you are chosen to be a Junior Counselor.
Individuals interested in applying for the Junior Counselor program must be at least 15 years of age prior to the start of camp, and willing to make a commitment of two weeks during the summer camp season.
JC: Responsibilities & Expectations
Overview: The role of the JC is to assist our farm education staff. They will have the opportunity to assist and lead activities, care for animals, work with one on one with individual children, and have fun outdoors at the farm!
Arrival & Pick Up: Please, Junior Counselors (JC) need to arrive no later than 8:30 am on Monday to help set up, and 8:45 am the rest of the week. Half Day camp ends at 12:00 noon and full day camp ends at 3:00. JC’s need to be picked up the end of the camp session they are volunteering for.
1. Assist counselors with the safety and well-being of all campers attending Broadturn Farm Camp
2. Assist counselors with implementation of weekly and daily activities of camp
3. Assist campers with following directions
4. Assist counselors with supervision of campers during all activities
5. Attend all meetings and trainings as scheduled
6. Act as a role model for campers
8. Other duties as assigned by the Education Director or Lead Educator
JC’s are an important part of our camp programs and their participation is essential for a smooth running camp day. If for any reason a JC will be absent, we need to be notified as soon as possible so that we can make arrangements for someone to fill their place. Unreported absences may be grounds for dismissal from the program. Please call or text 207-294-1975 (Megan Dunn) to report an absence.