TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The application will be accepted if you plan on moving into the dormitory:
Spring semester: during the period of January 25 - February 15
Autumn semester: during the period of August 25 - September 15
Riga Technical University offers accommodation on condition that you have already registered or will be registered as a student at RTU at the beginning of the Accommodation Period and remain registered student throughout the Accommodation Period.
DEGREE STUDENTS - application will be confirmed after entry visa to Latvia has been granted, please add in Special Requests if you already hold one.
BOOKING (MAKING A RESERVATION)
- The booking is valid ONLY after receiving an email with the confirmation from email@example.com
- RTU has the rights to cancel a booking at any time if the terms and conditions have not been observed or the booking has not been confirmed upon request within 5 working days.
- The date of arrival MUST be confirmed by e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 week before or the booking is cancelled by RTU.
- A place in RTU dormitories is guaranteed if the date of arrival is in the time period of August 25 - September 15, OR January 25 - February 15.
- Bookings made for dates starting from late September/late February will not be confirmed.
- Failing to arrive on the indicated date without a written warning will result in booking cancellation and a fee in the amount of one monthly rent will be deducted from the deposit.
- Degree students who have transferred the university security deposit DO NOT need to transfer the dormitory deposit.
- Students who WERE NOT requested to pay a university security deposit (Exchange Students) need to pay a deposit (150EUR – shared room) before arrival and the rent, entrance card payment upon arrival IN CASH. The deposit is refundable.
- The rental fee is based on the dormitory and type of room.
- The first rent must be paid on the day of moving in.
- When moving into a dormitory in August/January the rental fee for August/January is calculated based on the remaining days in the indicated month.
- When moving into a dormitory in September/February, full rent payment (for one month) is charged despite your date of arrival.
- The next rent payments must be made on 24th date of each month. For example, on August/January 24th you will pay rent for September/February.
- Rent payment for the following months MUST be made at the dormitory – either via invoice (to be paid at a bank or via internet banking) or in cash.
ARRIVAL AND MOVING IN
- Failing to move into the dormitory on the indicated date will result in booking cancellation. Please inform of the changes in your date of arrival at least 1 week before by e-mailing email@example.com .
- Dormitories are open 24/7 - it means there will always be someone to greet you and hand you the keys to your room.
- When you arrive at the dormitory go to the front desk, show your passport and you will receive a key to your room.
- Within a week you will receive a personalized entrance card and a Tenancy Agreement.
- If the student does not move in dormitory in 3 days starting from the day which is registered as the student’s moving in day, the student’s booking will be cancelled, and the university will deduct the payment for rent in dormitory from student’s security deposit.
- To receive back your deposit (for Exchange students) you must fill out a refund form you can find on fsd.rtu.lv under Accommodations > Request for refund and have the dormitory administrator to sign it on the day you move out. The form must be submitted to the dormitory administrator or brought to our office in 1 Kalku Street, room 318.
- Deposits will be reimbursed if all contractual obligations have been fulfilled and the room is left in conformity with the inventory of fixtures drawn up when the Tenant took possession of the room. The reimbursement of deposit for room will be made after termination of the Tenancy Agreement and will be transferred to your account within one month after your departure.
- Please note that the bank commission for transferring the refund back is covered by the student!
Please save or print out the terms and conditions!