Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Bread
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup Spectrum Organic Palm Shortening (sub: butter or Earth Balance)
- 3 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. liquid stevia + 20 drops
- 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 small banana, mashed
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees. Grease bread pan.
- Whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Cut in shortening with a fork.
- In a small bowl, stir flaxseed meal and water. Beat in milk, apple sauce, vanilla and 1 tsp. of stevia.
- Beat the wet mix into dry. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or microwave. Stir in 20 drops of liquid stevia.
- Stir the chocolate and mashed banana into the batter.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 45 minutes.
Find the original recipe at The Daily Dietribe.