COMMUNITY LINK ABQ (CLABQ)
Northeast (NE) ABQ Hosting Action Center Job Description 2/7/2017
TITLE: Executive Director
DESCRIPTION: The Executive Director is the key management leader of Community Link ABQ. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
OBJECTIVES: To develop an Action Center that can be duplicated in other centers. To make it easy for volunteers to link their passion with a meaningful volunteer opportunity. To help hosted program participants obtain employment.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Working knowledge of leadership and management techniques, computer spreadsheets and databases.
SKILLS: Leadership and management. Attention to detail. Patience required when training and working with volunteers. Public speaking. Good skills on computer keyboards and software, primarily spreadsheets, word processing and databases.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Community Link’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
TIME COMMITMENT: As needed by the daily situation.
SUPERVISED BY: Board of Directors
WORKING WITH: People calling in on the phone, Staff and hosted participants at the Action Center plus charitable and funding organizations.
WORK LOCATION: NE Corporate HQ, 2210 Silver SE, Albuquerque
AGE REQUIREMENTS: At least 18 years old
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED: No
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Adhere to all policies. Some travel to presentations and meetings will be necessary. The Director cannot be in a hosted program. Signing of a Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest form is required. A sex offender registry check will be conducted. If a person is on the registry they will not be allowed to work in the Action Center because children and vulnerable individuals are present at times.
Specific Duties: (Include but not exclusive)
- Use personal initiative to continually improve center operations and the number of people helped.
- Perform in an honorable manner to bring credit to the organization. This includes abiding by all the policies, procedures and expectation published for the organization.
- Ensure that people are comfortable talking with others about faith based beliefs.
- Lead, supervise and manage all personnel working in and with the NE Action Center.
- Continually recruit participants from placement agencies.
- Help all hosted participants gain job skills and strive toward employment.
- Continually recruit and train volunteers to support center and corporate activities.
- Have extensive knowledge of the CLABQ database to be able to train people on all aspects of it. Also identify improvements in the database and ensure they are evaluated and implemented as necessary.
- Ensure the CLABQ training program is active and documented in each hosted participant’s personnel file. This includes an initial orientation.
- Train and develop supervisors.
- Comply with all requirements of the programs hosted at the center. This includes evaluations and timely time card submissions. It also includes ensuring that there is a supervisor available at all times the center is open.
- Ensures that all activities of the center are documented and readily available to personnel that need the information. Document all procedures in the continuity book and keep them current.
- Fill out the monthly report to Corporate Headquarters.
- Develop and implement a presentations program on volunteerism and give presentations as needed.
- Identify organizations to partner with and develop good relations with them.
- Identify grants that will support the center. Develop and implement a grant writing program for those under $10,000 submit them for funding. For those over $10,000 submit the information to Corporate Headquarters with the rationale behind why you think it is a good fit for the organization.
- Prepare, submit and work within an operating budget. Budget submission for the following year is November 15th.
- Identify, develop and support two (2) hosting based Action Centers.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading _________ in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of _______________, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support _______________’s mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of _______________’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that _______________ can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of _______________’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of _______________ operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as _______________’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance _______________’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.