LA JOLLA COVE BRIDGE CLUB, INC.
1160 Coast Boulevard, La Jolla, CA 92037
Federal ID #95-0915585
The undersigned (“Tenant”) hereby agrees with La Jolla Cove Bridge Club, Inc. (“Bridge Club”) as follows:
The Tenant hereby rents from the Bridge Club the use and occupancy of the building (“Premises”) at 1160 Coast Boulevard, La Jolla, California 92037. The Premises shall be only available for use and occupancy during the time period(s) and at the rental rates set forth below.
The Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold the Bridge Club harmless from any and all liabilities, costs, claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred, or to which the Bridge Club becomes subject, in connection with, or as a result of, the Tenant’s use and occupancy of the Premises, including, but not limited to, any act or omission associated with the use, service or consumption of alcoholic beverages. The Tenant is solely responsible for all Vendors (including Vendors’ employees) hired by the Tenant, and for any damage caused by same.
1. Keys will not be given to you on the day of your event; the rental manager will open the doors for you at a predetermined time; once opened, the Premises must not be left unattended at any time.
2. No hard liquor is permitted on the Premises at any time. Beer is allowed only if served from kegs or cans. Containers of ice and beer kegs may be placed on the linoleum floors only; they may not be placed on the hardwood floors. Wine and champagne are allowed.
3. No smoking is allowed inside or outside of the building; smoking is not allowed anywhere in the park.
4.The City of San Diego prohibits use of the driveway adjacent to the club by anyone other than authorized City vehicles..Tenants and their vendors must NOT use the driveway for loading or unloading. Vendors may use the 3 minute passenger zones on the street, with orange cones around their vehicle(s) to actively unload and load
5. Your function must end by 10 p.m.; the Premises must be vacated no later than 10:45 p.m.
6. All personal, rental items AND TRASH must be removed from the Premises on the rental night. Tenants must NOT use the park dumpsters to dispose of trash.
7. The Bridge Club cannot be responsible for items owned or rented by the Tenant or your guests.
8. Prior to leaving the Premises, insure that all windows are closed and secured, that the air conditioning or heat has been turned off, that the lights inside the building are turned off, and that all doors and exits have been closed and locked (they self-lock).
9. You must show proof of special event insurance prior to the event date.The Premises must be left in satisfactory condition prior to the cleaning crew’s arrival at 10:00 pm; the cleaning crew will vacuum and/or mop the floors, clean the bathrooms and kitchen, move chairs back to the main room, and sweep the patio; if the Premises require more than “ordinary” cleaning the tenant will be charged for same.
Inside the building:
1. No tape, staples or nails are allowed to affix decorations to any wall, inside or outside of the building.
1. No glassware is allowed on the lawn; drinks served on the lawn must be served in non-breakable drinkware,. Alcoholic beverages are allowed on the lawn only between 12:00 noon and 8:00 p.m.; alcohol may be consumed inside the building or on the patio until 10:00 p.m.
2. Perimeter pathways cannot be blocked off in any way; a sign announcing your event may be placed near the outer perimeters, but must not block the pathways themselves.
3. Tents are not allowed on the Premises unless rain is predicted; a maximum of one canopy, no larger than 20’ x 20’, may be used in lieu of a ten on days it does not raint. A canopy is defined as having a roof and no more than one side; two or more sides make it a tent.
Dancing and Music:
1. Music and/or entertainment noise levels, including microphones, must not exceed 60 db from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. or 55 db from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., according to City codes.
2.Amplified music and dancing may be set up inside the building.
3. If amplified music is played in the main room, to accompany dining or while guests are dancing, the doors to the patio must remain closed UNLESS speakers are facing in the direction of the ocean. The windows in the club may be kept open during the event.
4. Amplified music is prohibited outside the building except during the wedding ceremony; during the reception, a microphone cannot be used on the lawn or patio.
One-half rental ($900)l is due at the time of reservation ;the remaining one-half rental ($900) and fully refundable security deposit ($1200) is due 90 days before the event date.
TERMS: Total rental fee is $ 2500 plus fully refundable damage deposit $1200 payable as follows:
One-half rental ($1250)l is due at the time of reservation ;the remaining one-half rental ($1250) and fully refundable security deposit ($1200) is due 90 days before the event date.
Please make all checks payable to: La Jolla Cove Bridge Club
(Check, money order or cashier’s check only; credit cards not accepted)
CANCELLATION POLICY: tenant agrees to forfeit one-half rental amount if tenant cancels the event 90 days or more prior to event date ; tenant agrees to forfeit the entire rental amount if tenant cancels the event less than 90 days prior to event date.
Date of event: ___________ Type of event: ______________________
Tenant’s name(s): ___________________________________
Telephone (home): _________________________ (work): _____________
Telephone (cellular): ________________________ email: _______________
Signed by: ________________________________ By:______________________________
Tenant Agent for La Jolla Cove Bridge Club, Inc.
Please return signed contract to: Tom Sauer 6023 Vista de la Mesa La Jolla CA 92037
Note: The parties agree to abide by any rules and /or regulations imposed by the City of San Diego