Greg Foreman / Jay Cameron
Pigeon Forge High School
Room Number(s): 105 / 103
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glencoe Science : Tennessee Physical Science
- Glencoe Science: Tennessee Physical Science Workbook
- Introduction to Chemistry and Physics basic principles
· Standard 1: Matter
Objective: Explore the composition and structure of matter and how it behaves according
to principles that are generally understood.
· Standard 2: Energy
Objective: Investigate the various forms of energy that are constantly being transformed into other types without any net loss of energy from the system.
· Standard 3: Motion
Objective: Examine the objects moving in ways that can be observed, predicted, and measured.
· Standard 4: Forces in Nature
Objective: Describe how everything in the universe exerts a gravitational force on everything else, and that there is an interplay between magnetic fields and electrical currents.
Major Projects/Field Trips
- Research projects: Periodic Table of Elements / The Physics of Design
- Per Sevier County Board of Education policy, daily grades will count as two-thirds of a student’s final average while test grades will count as the final one-third. Deductions will be made for unexcused absences and tardies. The semester exam will count as 20% of the student’s final grade for the course when averaged with the grades from each marking period. Progress reports are distributed at the three week point of each six weeks grading period.
Parental Access to Instructional Materials
- Pursuant to Tennessee Code 49-6-7003, parents or guardians may request access to any teaching materials, instructional materials, and other teaching aids used in the classroom as well as any tests developed or graded by the teacher. In order to facilitate this request, parents/guardians are asked to submit a request for such review via letter, email, or phone conversation prior to an established meeting for said review.