PRAWN NOODLE STIR FRY (serves 3)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup or puree
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp runny honey
a pinch of red chilli flakes
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
100g mange tout peas - each sliced into three strips
4 or 5 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
250g egg noodles
1 tsp sesame oil
a bunch of spring onions, sliced into 2cm pieces
2 red peppers, sliced (chargrilled if you prefer them that way)
250g cooked, peeled large prawns.
1. Put a large saucepan of salted water on to boil for the noodles.
2. In a small bowl, combine the tomato ketchup (or puree), soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, runny honey and chilli flakes and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat.
4. Add the mange tout and mushrooms and stir fry until softened.
5. Put the dry noodles into the boiling water for 4 minutes - or follow the pack instructions. Stir gently regularly to separate the strands. Once cooked and tender, drain and return to the saucepan. Add the sesame oil and toss until coated. Replace the lid while you finish cooking the veggies and prawns.
5. Add the spring onions to the wok and cook until softening, then add the peppers to heat through. Keep on stirring and moving the contents of the wok around to prevent anything from burning.
6. Add the sauce and the prawns and toss for 2-3 minutes to heat everything through and get the sauce bubbling.
7. Add the noodles and toss again, to coat them with the sauce.
Serve with prawn crackers and napkins to clean saucy chins.