Stillwater Middle School
November 20, 2019
- Courage- strength to act even when afraid or uncertain
“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” -Author Unknown
- Congratulations to our VIP’s:
- Alpha- Ella Robinson
- Artisan- Stella Khu
- Synergy- Braylie Paxton
- Arete- Ella Sallaska
- Omega- Amy Reavis
- Titan- Matthew Li
- The SMS Art teachers would like to recognize the following students as Artists of the Week. In 7th grade: Kyriana Beard and in 6th grade Julian Byrd. Please see your art teachers for your award.
- The 1st Chess Club Tournament is next Tuesday! Sign up in the library soon! The last day to sign up is tomorrow!
- Homework Hour is in Mr. Zimmerman’s room for the rest of this week!
- Congrats to the Academic Team. They placed 2nd last week!!
- On Thursday the cafeteria will be serving Thanksgiving menu and salad/sandwich bar only. No pizza or baked potatoes. It will be a bowl with stuffing, mashed potatoes, turkey and gravy. We will also have green beans, strawberry cups, pumpkin dessert and hot rolls.
- Creative Writing Club meeting for 7th grade will be today in the library at lunch. Grab your lunch and head to the library!
- Please check lost and found for your coats and jackets, water bottles and lunch boxes, and more! This will be taken and donated to a good cause on December 19th.
- If you have lost your glasses this year, please come to the office!!!!
- PIONEER PANTRY: Bring items such as body wash, canned goods, peanut butter, generic t-shirt, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner. The box is located in front of the concession stand office.
- FCA is on Wednesdays. Meet Coach Brown on the back patio at 7:30!
- Book Club is on Thursdays. Meet Mrs. Morejon on the back patio at 7:30!
- Math club will be at the OSU campus this year. The club will meet every Wednesday from 4pm-5pm and it is open to all 6th and 7th graders. They will meet in MSCS 514 (this is room on the 5th floor in the math building). Note that parking at the OSU campus is not free before 5:30 pm so plan accordingly. For more information, please contact Dr. Dosev at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SMS A.M. (Academic Maintenance) is in the cafeteria with Mr. Purcell from 7:20-7:50am. Students are expected to bring work and be on task during this time.
- Homework Hour is in Ms. Bell's room 216 Monday through Thursday. It starts right after school and dismisses at 4:20. If you come to homework hour, you must be there by 3:30 and you are required to stay until 4:20. Anyone staying must have a ride home. There is no bus for this program.
- Lost and Found is located downstairs in the short hallway (downstairs Artisan hall). If you have lost something please check here first. If you have lost a phone or an electronic item, see Mrs. Jolliff.
- Bring your box tops. There is a team competition to see who can collect the most box tops. We can get really neat stuff for our school!
- SMS FREE School Breakfasts: A healthy breakfast in the morning can help you have a great day! Remember that it’s always FREE at school!