Shoot Madras’ photo contest with Madras Week
Last Date of Submission - Monday, 15th August, 2016 (before 12.00 noon)
Photographic Society of Madras (PSM), sharing 157 years of its history with the City, is holding a photography contest during the Madras Week that celebrates the 375 years of Madras.
- Open to all
My Madras –
Only in Madras – Theme 2
Evolving Madras - Theme 3
The photographer’s personal tribute to Chennai, depicting what it means personally. Including typical Chennai views like monuments, beaches, city life, cityscapes, Scenes against which day to day life in Chennai plays out.
Scenes which are unique to Madras, be it a Modern woman in Jeans and tops with Jasmine flower in her head or The thenga maanga pattani sundal in the beaches.
Shift from the ancient to the old to the modern. Buildings with modern facades, yet vintage structures at the rear. Brand new bridges, flyovers and metro lines. Evolving roads, markets in parallel with structures of yester years.
Tips for photographers
- Avoid the general photographs, and look for something unique
- The photographs may have Chennai in the background.
Entries may be sent to “firstname.lastname@example.org“ before 12.00 noon on Monday, 15th August, 2016. An exhibition of prize winning entries will be announced later.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- One participant can send a maximum of two pictures per theme.
- Entries should be emailed to “email@example.com “ . Photos on CD or as prints are NOT accepted.
- The file name should be: Theme No_ImageTitle_PhotographerName.jpg
Sample file name: 1_MarinaBoat_Arunkumar.jpg
- 1st part is Theme number (1- My Madras, 2-Only in Madras,3-Evolving Madras)
- 2nd Part is Filename (eg- Mairna boat)
- 3rd Part is Your name (eg- Aurnkumar)
Please fill in the google form by clicking this link or copy paste in the browser address bar after sending the images
- All images are to be submitted in JPEG format. Photographs should be no greater than 1,400 pixels on the longest side. Image file sizes should not be bigger than 1Mb.
- Any manipulation or modification to the original image is limited to minor retouching of blemishes and cropping and must not alter the content of the original scene. Highly manipulated images and composite images including HDRs are not permitted. Monochrome images are allowed.
- No information about the entrant will be given to the selectors. An image showing the name of the entrant or any water mark on the photo will be disqualified.
- Entry is open to all photographers - , amateur and professional.
- A participant can participate in one category only. Either Student or Open. Students to send the proof and identiy
- Copyright: The original image(s) must have been taken using a photographic process and all entrants must have the sole copyright to each image they submit. Clip Art and Copyright Free material are not acceptable. Photographic Society of Madras assumes no responsibility for misuse by anyone of the copyright of published images.
- Compliance: The organisers may reject any entry/image at their discretion. An entry may be rejected if it does not conform to published competition rules or is deemed unsuitable.
- The entries have to be original work of the entrant, who owns them. The entrants may be asked to provide the original for verification. An entrant failing to provide a requested image file may, at the organisers’ discretion, be considered to be in contravention of the contest rules and will be disqualified.
- The decision of the organizers and the Judges would be final and no complaints would be entertained.
· By submitting an entry, the entrant permits the organizers to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for PSM publicity in print or online internet site and/or in other media.
Winners will be selected in each group and theme. So there will be six set of First, Second and Third prizes, also there will be 18 Special Mentions.
ü First Prize: 2 year Free PSM membership + Certificate+ A 12x18”print of the winning entry
ü Second Prize: 1 Year Free PSM Membership + Certificate+ A 12x18”print of the winning entry
ü Third Prize: 1 Year Free PSM Membership + Certificate
ü Special Mention: Certificate+ 50% discount in the membership of PSM will 31.3.2017
Notification of results will be sent by email. Entrants should ensure that they provide an active email address and that spam filters are set to accept emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. Notifications will not be sent by post.