CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Operations Section Chief
Title: Program Operations Section Chief *Position may be shared
Reports to: Incident Commander
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training, orientations and meetings. Camp dates and times will vary. available 24/7. Overnight stay not required. Post camp meetings and reporting.
Coordinate and direct the implementation of CampHERO programming. Directly supervise the Camp Life Director. Communicate and coordinate with the Incident Commander.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all duties of the Operations Section.
- Manage Operations Section budget.
- Manage Operations Section scheduling.
- Supervise, direct and assist the Camp Life Director and Program Director.
- Communicate with Incident Commander and attend daily command staff briefing.
- Coordinate pre and post-camp section meetings as necessary.
- Work with other volunteer staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Be or become a registered member of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Current valid driver’s license.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.