Sebastián is an autodidact and passionate developer with a wide array of videogames and software creations under his belt. His initiative has led him to learn multiple programming languages by himself since his initial steps at the early age of 15 years old. He’s an expert in C# and the Dot Net Framework. He is capable of learning new technologies very fast, loves problem solving, he’s very curious and takes each new challenge as an opportunity to learn something new. He’s a perfection seeker and loves to think about new solutions for daily problems.
Summary of Qualifications
- Mugen Script
- Torque Script
- OpenTK / OpenGL
- NightFox Lib
Graphics Design Software:
- FL Studio
- Tiled (Map Editor)
- Spanish (native speaker)
- English (intermediate writing)
Batovi Games Studio, Montevideo, Uruguay Dec. 2005 – Dec. 2011
Videogame Programmer, Scripting Programmer, Designer, Game Designer, Producer, Pixel Artist, Sound Effects Creator
- Producer, GameDesigner, Designer and Mastermind for multiple gaming C++ projects
- Coordinated Programming and Art departments
- Main programmer and Game Designer of various Flash/ActionScript3 games
- Scripting programmer using various custom own scripting languages.
- Designer of several game engines and optimization routines for smooth render on limited systems.
- Programmed all Game Objects and engine improvements of Vascolet 4.
- Programmed a C++ algorithm to simulate raster racing game tracks (just like classic racing game “Outrun”) that was fast enough to work at 60 fps on a XO computer, used in the game Vascolet 3
- Mastermind, Director and Designer of C++ SceneEditor’s Script (using Lua) used for the game “Manejate en la Historia”, for an Uruguayan TV Show named “Sabelo”
- Director, Producer, GameDesigner, Animation Director, Artist and Gameplay Programmer for the game Vascolet 2: La fórmula Secreta.
- Mastermind, Director, and Designer of C++ Platform Game Engine that was used for Vascolet 2. The engine allowed the definition of all game characters with all their behaviours, the maps and rules of the game, animated backgrounds with parallax scrolling, intelligent camera and auto-camera system, all this with a custom own script.
- Created a very useful and customizable 2d character animation application that was used for every character animation in Vascolet 2.
- Created a Dot Net application to generate image atlases and sprite libraries. This tool was used in the development process of several games, including Vascolet 2.
- Director, Producer, GameDesigner, Artist and Gameplay Programmer for the game Garra Fútbol.
- Mastermind, Director and Designer of C++ “Garra Fútbol” Engine. The engine allowed the definition of several qualities for each soccer player such as its Artificial Intelligence and moves. It also allowed the definition of game rules with the aid of an internal custom script. (in 2014 this game was ported to IOS changing its name to “Pixel Cup Soccer”)
- Programmed an ActionScript Gameplay Api that was capable to summarize certain repetitive practices, providing a lot of services for common purposes (Entities and Helpers).
- Director, Producer, GameDesigner, Artist and Gameplay Programmer of the game Super Vampire Ninja Zero.
- Mastermind, Director and Designer of C++ Fighting Game Engine used for the game Super Vampire Ninja Zero. The engine allowed the definition of each fighter’s Artificial Intelligence with qualities such as to defend themselves, take positional advantages and make effectives attacks routines.
- Created Dot Net Application to convert animations from “Mugen” file format into another custom file format for easier consumption. The application was used for the animation and collision information at Super Vampire Ninja Zero and Garra Fútbol.
- Level designer for various games, using some standard maps editor like “TileStudio” or “Tiled” and some other custom levels that where defined directly in code.
- Programmed menus for The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates in C++ from scratch.
- Created all particle effects of The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates with a custom particle effect system tailored at his specifications.
- Programmed “LuckyPirates battle system prototype” (Flash Prototype about Match3 Battle Mode)
- Created all particle effects for Fishing Craze using TorqueGameBuilder’s particle system
- Composed the sound effects of various games.
- Programmed his own Fighting Game prototype for Motorola cell phones under Java J2ME
- Pixel Artist of various cell phone games (Arcade Fishing, Andy and the Secret of Egypt, American’s Adventure)
- Published Flash Games: El Tigre: Fight for Frida, A Match3 game for Conaprole, Isa TKM: Laberinto de Amor, Tak y el Poder Juju: Encrucijada Aérea, Jugando con Ronald, The Book of Treasures
- Published C++ Games: Garra Fútbol, XA contra los Cuatreros Galácticos, The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates, Super Vampire Ninja Zero, Vascolet 2: La fórmula secreta, Manejate en la Historia, Vascolet 4
Own Projects 1997 – Today
Videogame Programmer, Scripting Programmer, Designer, Game Designer, Pixel Artist, Sound Effects Creator, Music Creator
- Created a game/toy for children under 3 years (Tito el Helicopterito), entirely in less than five hours with his own framework.
- Created an FMOD audio implementation for his own framework.
- Created a useful in-game physic editor for beat’em up style collision.
- Created a powerful in-game background editor, capable to works with various layers and custom objects.
- Created an engine to compose beat’em up/brawler games easily.
- Created an in-game text/code editor with syntax highlight support.
- Created his own programming language and compiler named “SebaScript”, with unique useful features. (He’s currently using it)
- Created a useful software to keep game content updated more easily. (He’s currenlty using it)
- Participated at Global Game Jam event, where in less than 48 hrs his team created the game This is not Jason using his own C# gaming engine and tools.
- Created an extension of his animation tool, that is capable to create cut-out animations (that was used for the next game at global gamejam)
- Created La Torre de Nozar using python and pygame, an educational / mathematical beat’em up for children (in two weeks, while learning python language). (First place at uruguayan educational videogame contest)
- Created a simple html5 game (Elefantita al Volante) with his brother in less than 24 hours.
- Created an OpenGL/OpenTK implementation capable to run own games on windows, mac and linux too.
- Created a custom help-reader program used for “Sen VC”
- Created an experimental auto-limited “Virtual Console” named Sen VC, with his own engine, capable to create games with it using lua.
- He is programming a platform/metroidvania game (provisionally named “Dreamnessia”) that is capable of rendering with anaglyph 3d mode or using Side by Side 3d (the prototype has received a Design mention at uruguayan videogame contest) (example gif)
- Designed and Implemented a game interface system that allows him to create Dialogs and Popups with menus, selectors, checkboxes and several other custom controls (example gif)
- Designed and implemented a CutScene Engine capable that supports dynamic texts, effects and character motions to name a few.
- Created Dot Net application to edit tilesets created in “Tiled”
- Participated at Global Game Jam event, where in less than 48 hrs his team created the game Para Para Paranoid, programmed entirely by Sebastian using his own C# gaming engine.
- Created a simple prototype about a remake of the Street Fighter 4 pirate famicom version, to test his own made Fighting Engine. (example_gif link)
- Programmed a Dot Net per-pixel console render, that is capable of drawing images with approximate colors and animate them to do custom interfaces more easily.
- Self taught to program in plain old C and programmed a Nintendo DS game: RetroWars DS. It became very popular at the homebrew community, and it was created entirely in two weeks. Technical challenges: The game has no floating points arithmetic and was programmed without using a single malloc instruction)
- Created an anaglyph 3d render to create “real” 3d games that are seen through red & cyan glasses.
- Created lots of simple applications for daily use, such as a ToDo Manager, Trivial Decision-Helper, batch custom algorithms on images, etc
- Created a Fighting Game Engine that is being used in his game prototype: Master Ninja Fighter
- Created a lot of game demos and examples using his own engine: a 2 players vs Tetris game, a raster racing example, simple snake game made in less than 1 hour, and some more examples.
- He programmed his own Game Engine. It includes a custom scripting language and a custom powerful particle system. The engine has been architected with an abstraction layer that decouples all API functions from game-specific code.
- Created a random labyrinth algorithm, capable of placing doors and their keys in valid challenging locations.
- Created RetroWars, a vertical shooting game that runs on multiple Microsoft platforms: Win, XBOX360 and Zune.
- Taught how to use GameMaker and program in GML to his girlfriend. She ended up creating Punto Cruz, a game that won the second place at the third uruguayan videogame contest.
- Learned C# by himself in his spare time.
- Programmed various tens of games and prototypes under GameMaker, using GameMakerLanguage (GML)
- Created complete games in GameMaker: SebaWars, La Venganza de los Lobos (third place at the first uruguayan videogames contest), SattElite (first place at second uruguayan videogames contest), Retruchoman (that was entirely created on 2 days)
- Translated some Nintendo roms from English to Spanish using hexadecimal editors.
- Found various cheats for console roms analyzing and researching memory changes, including gameplay features.
- Created various songs for his games using FL Studio Music’s software
- Programmed various Rpg prototypes with RpgMaker
- Programmed an entire Fighter for the Fighting Game Engine “Mugen”
- Programmer of various simple Basic Games for the Apple IIgs