Washington Sporting Clays Association
2015 Annual Meeting Minutes
June 13, 2015
In Attendance: Board Members Jeff Demmon and Scott Muirhead. Board members absent: Terry Redden (Project in Lynden), Dave Hamilton (travelling), Linda Henson (medical), Ted Sapoznik (travelling), Tom Ryan (unknown). No members attended.
Call to Order: Jeff Demmon
- Introduction of board members and welcome from Jeff Demmon stating the purpose of the annual board meeting.
Reports of Officers/Committees:
- Minutes from 2014 annual meeting were approved
- Financial Reports were prepared by Dave Hamilton, Treasurer. The reports were reviewed and there were no questions. The reports were accepted without objection.
- Tour update by Scott Muirhead, Vice President.
- Total participants in the Tour went from 223 last year to 185 this year. Last year we counted Hunter class shooters, this year we did not. Actual participation remained flat, year-to-year.
- Participation at Landt Farms and Double Barrel was up. This appears to be due to moving these Tour dates to the Spring with better weather and the increased competition for the Tour Championship.
- We need to figure out how to involve more women in the Tour race.
Jeff reported that no club has bid to host the 2016 State Championship. We will continue to reach out to clubs to find a venue.
Board positions for Vice President and Treasurer were up for nominations. Scott Muirhead and Dave Hamilton were voted back in their respective positions.