COMMUNITY LINK ABQ (CLABQ)
ABQ Hosting Action Center Job Description
TITLE: Action Center Director
DESCRIPTION: Lead and manage daily operations of the Action Center. Train & motivate volunteers. Continually evaluate center operations to make contacts meaningful for volunteers, hosted program participants, and organizations.
OBJECTIVES: To develop an Action Center that can be duplicated in other centers. To make it easy for volunteers to link their passion with a meaningful volunteer opportunity. To help hosted program participants obtain employment.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Working knowledge of leadership and management techniques, computer spreadsheets, word processing, and databases.
SKILLS: Leadership and management. Attention to detail. Public speaking skills. Good skills on computer keyboards and software, primarily spreadsheets, word processing and databases.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma, High School Equivalency Certificate or GED.
TIME COMMITMENT: As needed by the daily situation.
SUPERVISED BY: Community Link ABQ Executive Director
WORKING WITH: General public, staff and hosted participants at the Action Center plus charitable and funding organizations.
WORK LOCATION: UNM Action Center @ 2210 Silver Ave. SE.
AGE REQUIREMENTS: At least 18 years old.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED: No.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Adherence to all policies. Some travel to presentations and meetings will be necessary. The Director cannot be in a hosted program. Signing of a Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest form is required. A sex offender registry check will be conducted. If a person is on the registry they will not be allowed to work in the Action Center because children and vulnerable individuals are present at times.
Specific Duties: Includes, but not limited to;
- Use personal initiative to continually improve center operations and the number of people helped.
- Perform in an honorable manner to bring credit to the organization. This includes abiding by all the policies, procedures and expectations published for the organization.
- Ensure that people are comfortable talking with others about faith based beliefs.
- Lead, supervise and manage all personnel working in and with the NE ABQ Action Center.
- Continually recruit and train participants from placement agencies
- Help all hosted participants gain job skills and strive toward employment.
- Continually recruit and train volunteers to support center and corporate activities.
- Have extensive knowledge of the CLABQ database to be able to train people on all aspects of it. Also identify improvements in the database and ensure they are evaluated and implemented as necessary.
- Ensure the CLABQ training program is active and documented in each center staff personnel file.
- Train and develop Supervisors, Resource Coordinators, Presenters and Trainers
- Responsible for evaluations and timely time card submissions.
- Ensure that there is a supervisor available at all times the center is open.
- Ensures that all activities of the center are documented and readily available to personnel that need the information. Document all procedures in the continuity book or/and the website and keep them current.
- Fill out the monthly report to Corporate Headquarters.
- Develop and implement a presentations program on volunteerism and give presentations as needed.
- Identify organizations to partner with and develop good relations with them.
- Identify grants that will support the center. Develop and implement a grant writing program for those grants under $10,000 and submit them for funding. For those over $10,000, submit the information to Corporate Headquarters with the rationale behind why you think it is a good fit for the organization.
- Prepare, submit and work within an operating budget. Budget submission deadline for the following year is November 15th.
- Assist with identification, development and support of two additional (2) hosting based Action Centers.