RECAMFT RECHARGE RAFFLE CHAIR
Title of Position
Recharge Raffle Chair
Member of Board
No, RECAMFT Team
Attends Board meetings
Yes, if available
Length/timing of term
One year or more
The RECAMFT RECHARGE RAFFLE was formerly known as The 5150 Raffle. The name was updated in 2013 in an effort to more closely depict the intention of the raffle.
The purpose of the raffle is to provide the attendees of the monthly members’ meeting with services/products that serve to “recharge” themselves and at the same time offer local businesses an opportunity to advertise their service/products to the therapeutic community. Hence, a win-win!
II. POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Identify local businesses that offer services/products that members of RECAMFT would enjoy and benefit from.
- Contact persons or businesses that might wish to provide a raffle donation for the monthly meeting.
- Explain the purpose of RECAMFT as well as the RECHARGE RAFFLE and invite their participation.
- Secure information about the item to be raffled, its monetary value, as well as background information about the provider or company.
- Send an article about the item being raffled, the donor and the business to the newsletter editor by the monthly deadline. Include acknowledgement of the previous month’s winner and donor.
- Provide the President with the raffle prize to be given to the winner of the raffle prior to or at the monthly meeting.
- Send thank you notes to donors.
- Maintain records of businesses contacted and prizes donated.