Remolino 2016/2017 FAQs:
Where will everything take place?
Preregistration and prepayment
Buying tickets at the entrance
New Year night
How to get to Lviv
If you have read this FAQ, and still have questions, please contact us by phone
+38 063 168 777 3 or e-mail email@example.com
Where will everything take place?
- Where will day, night milongas and after parties take place?
Venue №1 - Dnister
The first venue is located on the top floor of the festival hotel Dnister and has a magnificent view of the city. There are changing rooms, a bar and enough seating for everyone. Most of day- and nighttime milongas and all after parties will take place here.
We recommend to book your accommodation in or near the Dnister hotel.
Based on the number of registrations some milongas will be moved to the larger venue. The place is lovingly decorated by our volunteers and includes changing rooms, a bar and enough seating for everyone.
- Where is Dnister located?
Dnister (festival hotel close to the city center) - 6 Mateyko street
Preregistration and prepayment
- What is the deadline for registration?
December 11. You’ll only be registered once the payment comes through.
- Can I come to the festival without registration?
Yes, you can!
You can just come and buy a ticket at the registration desk.
- Why is there registration then?
So that we can plan the event better. A personal envelope with tickets and useful handouts will be prepared for all guests registered before December 11.
The earlier you buy tickets — the cheaper they are.
- How much do the milonga tickets cost at the entrance and with pre-registration?
The earlier you pay for your milongas — the cheaper they will be. Prices in Ukrainian hryvnias. Payment in euros is accepted at the fixed rate of 30 UAH/EUR
- I am already registered, can I change my milonga dates now?
You can return ticket before December 11 and buy a new one (ones). .
- Can I get the refund if I will be not able to come to the festival?
If you prepaid your tickets you will get 100% refund before December 11.
- When and where can I get refund, who will give me my money back?
The organiser of your group will give back your money if you do it before December 11.
- I preregistered for the festival. Where can I get my tickets?
Your tickets will wait for you in Lviv - just find our registration desk and say your name (The one you mentioned when you registered):
a) During milongas that will take place in Dnister Hotel - the desk will be situated in Dnister Hotel, ground floor, to the left from the main entrance (there will be a sign)
b) During other milongas - the desk will be located at the milonga place.
- Can someone else pick up my tickets?
All envelopes with tickets are named - so you can only pick them up yourself.
Buying tickets at the entrance
- Where can I buy tickets to the milongas?
At the registration desk:
a) During milongas that will take place in Dnister Hotel - the desk will be in Dnister Hotel, ground floor, to the left from the main entrance (there will be a sign)
b) During other milongas - the desk will be located at the bigger venue.
- How much do the milongas cost? Is there a discount for buying lots of tickets at the entrance? In what currency the payment is accepted?
You can pay in the local currency (uah, hryvnia) or in euro according to the exchange rate (change will be given in hryvnia). Night milongas - 300 uah. Day milongas - 150 uah.
There are no discounts at the entrance.
- How much do the after parties cost? Do I need to register?
The after parties are free, you don’t need to register.
- How many tickets can one person buy?
Not limited. As many as you want.
- What if I’ve lost or forgot my ticket?
Ask at the registration desk.
- Where is it better to stay - near the Dnister Hotel or in downtown?
It’s better to live near the Dnister Hotel. It’s very close to downtown.
- When is breakfast served in Dnister?
Breakfast is served from 7AM till 12PM.
- How many people are preregistered for the festival?
We will have more accurate information on December 11.
- Where can I see the list of those who have already registered for the festival?
We don’t have a public list of guests but most of them RSVPed in the official event on facebook. There’s also a map of Remolino guests.
- How many people will attend the first and the last milonga nights?
We expect at least 150 people.
- What time do the milongas start and end at?
All day milongas are from 4.30PM till 8.30PM. At Dnister night milongas are from 10.30PM till 4.30AM,. After the biggest nights we will have morning after parties from 4.30AM till 7.30AM. The schedule is subject to change.
- Who are the DJs?
22 DJs from all over the world will join us this year. We will have a programme on our website. More details on the facebook page.
- Are some kind of shows / live orchestras / lotteries / etc. expected during the milongas?
No. Every milonga will be interrupted only once just for a brief DJ presentation and his special tanda announcement.
- Will there be chacarera? Zamba?
The DJ may decide to play chacarera (but no more than two songs). There’ll be more Argentinean folklore at folklore peñas.
- Will it be warm/cold at the milonga? How to dress properly?
It will be warm. But take a shawl just in case.
- Why is there so much light at the milonga? I prefer when it’s dark like in a disco club.
People at Remolino use cabeceo a lot which is impossible when it’s dark. Also it is better for navigation if you can actually see people around you. And all photographers really appreciate when they can take pictures without using flashlight. And in the end - there are so many beautiful women at the festival - so you definitely need some light to admire them.
- What kind of floor is at the milonga place?
Parquet flooring in Dnister.
- Will there be a cloakroom? May I leave my street shoes there?
There will be cloakrooms at both venues. You can leave your street shoes there, ask the cloakroom attendant for a bag for it. Cloakrooms are free of charge.
- Will there be changing rooms?
Yes, separate changing rooms for ladies and gents at both venues.
- Can I reserve a table at the milonga?
No, there is no booking for tables. One table seats 4-6 people.
- Will there be enough seating for everybody?
Yes, there will be enough chairs and tables for everyone.
- Will I be able to buy drinks and food during milongas?
In both venues there will be a bar with drinks and some cold/hot dishes.
Additionally in Dnister you may go down to the hotel restaurant on the second floor.
It works 24h and you’ll have much more options to choose from.
- Where can I smoke at the milonga?
There is a special room for smoking in Dnister on the ground floor. To get there you need to pass through the bar on the 1st floor and go downstairs. Ask the personnel for directions.
- Is it allowed to take pictures during milongas / workshops?
Yes. We kindly ask you not to use flash because it may dazzle and distress dancers. There will be enough lighting to take pictures without flash.
- Will there be professional photographers?
- Can I put my flyers on the tables?
There will be a special table for flyers at day milongas in Dnister. You can only put your flyers there.
- I left my scarf / shoes / wallet / underwear at the milonga. Where can I find it?
The Lost and Found box will be at the registration desk during the day milongas. You can also check at the hotel reception.
- What if my child is with me? Should i buy him/her a ticket as well?
Children under 16 years old can come to milongas for free, they don’t need a ticket. Please watch your children running on the dancefloor - it will be very crowded and tricky for navigation with children running around.
- My friends/spouse don’t dance tango but they really want to come and watch. Can they do it for free?
No, they need to buy a ticket.
- Will there be tango shoes and clothes sold at the festival?
Yes, at the big milongas.
- When and where will the floorcraft (navigation) classes happen? What’s the price? Is registration required? Do I need a partner to come?
All navigation classes are free, you don’t need to register or have a dance partner, just come 5 minutes before the lesson starts. You really should come - it will be fun.
All classes are from 3PM to 4PM.
- When and where will the DJ workshops be? What’s the price? Is registration required?
DJ workshops are held in a conference room on the 1st floor of Dnister hotel (follow the signs).
- What language will the speakers use during navigation classes?
Classes are held in English/Russian. There is no translation to Russian/English. If you want to take all classes find someone to help you with translation.
- May I get a refund if I didn't like the Dj workshop?
- Will there be “regular” tango classes (techniques, sequences, etc)?
- May I take / give a private class in the Dnister hall? What time is available for that?
The hall is free all the time when there is no milonga or floorcraft class. You are welcome to give / take classes there but be sure to coordinate with Alexandra Kotelnitskaya the time you are using the hall.
New Year night
- Where can I go for New Year night?
There are plenty of nice restaurants in Lviv where you can go. Check out this map.
Be sure to book a table in advance!
- Will there be a New Year Gala dinner at Dnister this year?
The Dnister restaurant will be open all night, they have a special holiday offer. Book a table - firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I get to the milonga on New Year night?
There will be free transfer from Dnister hotel to Gracia hall.
- Will there be some entertainment during the New Year milonga?
- City tours in English
You can choose and book a tour with our partner !FEST right here.
- Where is smoking banned, and where is it permitted? Are there fines?
It is prohibited to smoke in public places. You can smoke only in special places for smoking. Be careful at the airport and railway station exits because the police is very attentive there! You may get fined.
- What is the weather like in Lviv?
Usually it’s cold and damp. There may be some snow or rain as well.
Please wear something warm and waterproof. Don’t forget hats, scarves, mittens. Take an umbrella just in case.
- Is there wi-fi in the festival hotel?
Yes, even in the elevator.
- Where to exchange currency?
There are a lot of currency exchange shops, including that in Dnister Hotel lobby. You can also do it in any bank branch.
It’s necessary to have your ID with you, you cannot exchange currency without showing your ID! To change hryvnas back to your currency you’ll need to present the original purchase receipt if you are not a Ukrainian citizen.
- What currency is better to bring cash in?
You can exchange any currency, but it will be better if you will have EURO, USD, roubles or zloty. We will appreciate it if you pay for milongas and workshops in the local currency - hryvnia (UAH).
- Where are ATMs?
There are plenty of ATMs on every corner including Dnister Hotel lobby. There is also a 24/7 ATM near Gracia in Novaya Linia supermarket.
- How to buy a SIM-card? Which provider and plan is better?
Sim-cards are available on every corner. ID is not required to buy one. Choose the plan with the cheapest local calls (for calling taxis).
- Where can I eat?
We prepared a map of cafes and restaurants that have been checked by our authorized experts. You will also find the map in your ticket envelopes.
- What time do the restaurants close? Are there some 24/7 places?
Working hours may be different in some places, please find out in restaurant its working hours. There are 24/7 restaurants. You will find a restaurant shortlist in your envelope (including contacts and working hours).
- Where to buy alcohol? Is it possible to buy it at night?
All alcoholic and low-alcoholic beverages are allowed to be sold in supermarkets and stores in Lviv only from 10AM till 10PM. After 10PM you can buy alcohol only in a restaurant/cafe/bar no matter if it’s one glass of wine or a couple of bottles.
- Is there a possibility to eat at Dnister and when?
There is a 24h bar and a restaurant in Dnister hotel.
- What are the benefits of “JUST LVIV IT!” card? Where can I get one?
With JUST LVIV IT! card you can get a 90% discount in Massony restaurant which is extremely expensive otherwise. If you use it paying in any place of FEST chain (it will be indicated on the door) attending their cafes, buying excursions or souvenirs you automatically collect the points. You can redeem the points getting complementary gifts in FEST chain. To learn more call +38(067) 670 23 96 or 0800-501292 or visit justlviv.it website
If you don’t have this card or lost it - you can go “tickets for excursions” place (10, Rynok square, everyday since 10:00 till 21:00) and ask for it.
- How can I get to Dnister hotel? From railway station? From the airport? From the city center?
Airport -> Dnister Hotel: trolley №9, go to the stop Ustyyanovycha str. (if going back your stop is Sobor Svyatogo Yura).
Railway station -> Dnister Hotel: bus №31, minibus №29, go to the stop Ustyyanovycha str. (if going back your stop is Sobor Svyatogo Yura).
From downtown walk to the Franka University and then go up to Dnister Hotel through the Franka Park (just opposite the University building).
- How can i get to Gracia hall? From the airport? From the city center? From railway station?
Railway station -> Gracia: bus №16, minibus №10 and №32, go to the stop Rinok Pivdenny and then walk by the Church towards SanKoff club. Or bus №10, go to the Shchyretska str. stop and then walk by Novaya liniya supermarket, on the left you will see the parking of SanKoff club, go there.
Airport - take a taxi for minimal tariff.
If you’re staying in another part of the city, look here how to get there http://www.eway.in.ua/ru/cities/lviv .
- Is it safe to catch a taxi on the street?
No, you shouldn’t do it, not because it’s unsafe but because they would overcharge you. It’s better to call a cab by the phone numbers below.
- How to call a taxi? How much does a taxi cost?
- There’s an app that you can order a taxi with http://uklon.com.ua/taxi/lviv
- Dial numbers below and ask for an English-speaking operator.
If you don’t have a local SIM ask the time and what car will come (number) at once when ordering because they will not call back to non-ukrainian phone number.
+38 (032) 247-67-67
+38 (032) 247-97-97
+38 (067) 674-51-97
+38 (067) 670-19-81
+38 (067) 671-16-88
+38 (063) 854-89-95
+38 (063) 284-42-44
+38 (066) 942-22-14
1) Central railway station -> Hotel Dnister: 35 UAH
2) Central railway station -> Gracia: 52 UAH
3) airport -> Hotel Dnister: 56 UAH
4) airport -> Gracia: 44 UAH
To look for a travel mate check messages in RemolinoINN. Or ask people from the Polish group - they have an organised facebook event
We compiled different travel options in a separate manual.