Your Names: Noelle Mischenko & Tatiana Piatanova
1. The most important goal for a group in this class would be to complete the stated task(s). *
The most important goal for a group in this class is to make connections and engage in productive discussion.
2. Groups are most productive when a leader steps forward to run meetings and allocate tasks. *
It helps the meeting to be productive when there is a set agenda but not necessarily a leader.
3. We should have a high degree of tolerance for group members who are late to synchronous meetings or do not attend due to other obligations. *
4. Creating friendships and completing the group task are equally important. *
Collaborating and completing the group task are equally important.
5. Criticizing other group members should be avoided. *
Constructive criticism is an essential part of collaboration.
6. Avoiding smaller conflicts is the best method to reduce conflict escalation. *
Confronting smaller conflicts head on is the best way to eliminate conflict escalation.
7. All group members should have identical goals and reasons for being involved. *
Group members may have different goals and reasons for being involved.
8. Majority rule helps in the process of group decision making. *
9. If one group member is not pulling his or her weight, the other group members should confront that person together. *
Having clear task distribution amongst group members helps prevent group members from not pulling their weight.
10. Everyone in the group should receive the same grade for group projects. *
Group members should grade each other’s work on group projects.