Present: Stephen Wright, Pattric Langley, Margo Glass, Stephanie Antipov-Kennedy, Dave Green, Alan Smith
Absent: Karen Peterson
- Financial condition continues to be very solid. TT income coming in, expenses come later as usual. Good progress on getting expenses recorded near the event time.
- Race Operations - Pattric
- Good event at Best Dam Run. Some more mktg would help it get even more participants. This year was about 600, as was last year.
- Blue Lake registrations about 100 at this point.
- Turkey Trot registrations going well and ahead of last year’s income at this point.
- Greenway Trail Trial went OK. More volunteers necessary.
- Two new ORRC members for a marketing committee. Paul Braghero and Brandi Tarrel.
- Discussed concept of ORRC Ambassadors to do communications and marketing work for the club - promoting club membership and our events at our events and other venues. Maybe 20 people in total to help the club “spread the word”.
- Possible messaging in newsletter around member benefit of the month: e.g. extra discount at RRS for the month of October; Chipotle “goodie”, etc.
- Communications - Stephanie
- Twitter feed will be used in the future just for posting “announcements”. Not as manageable/valuable as Facebook.
- Facebook will be the main focus for social media communications. ORRC does not plan an Instagram presence.
- We need to focus on getting the volunteers arranged from high school groups.
- Community Outreach - Atkinson School - Steve
$1000 Funding Request . Motion to approve $1000 funding for this school year. Approved.
- Community Outreach Board Position now vacant &
- Co-Chair, Annual Banquet Dinner needed
- 2017 Social Media Plan - Margo and Stephanie
- Already discussed earlier in mtg.
- Budget documents will be sent out to individual race directors plus individual program owners.
- Discussion about this policy this month. Next month voting on it.
- Stephen: absent during the next meeting, travelling to Peru.